Local Chambers and City Web Sites
In planning your next getaway, consider the St. Croix River Valley bordering Wisconsin and Minnesota. Check the attractions and events of the area and find an activity relevant to your interests or those of your family. Schedule travel to one of the cities or towns located in the scenic valley of either MN or WI for a memorable vacation experience spent at one of our Member Inns.
Polk County Information
River Falls Chamber
Afton Area Business Association
St. Croix Valley Information
Center City, MN
Taylors Falls MN/St. Croix Falls WI
- Picket Fence Gals: September 7th to 11th, October 5th to 9th, November 2nd to 6th, December 7th to 11th ~ 25 creative vendors come together once a month for 5 days to showcase and sell their unique treasures. Times: Wednesday 3PM to 7PM; Thursday to Saturday 9AM to 6PM; Sunday 11AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.picketfencegals.net or call 651.334.1444.
- Winehaven Winery Events: October 22nd and 23rd ~ Federweisser and Roter Rauscher Festival; November 19th and 20th ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend; December 3rd and 4th ~ Holiday Cheer at the Vineyard. Find more winery information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
- North Folk Winery Tasting Room is open with regular hours and Gourmet Pizza Night every Friday Night from 5PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.northfolkwinery.com or call 651.674.7548.
- Performances at the Festival Theatre: **Due to theatre renovations performances are being held elsewhere** Now to August 14th ~ Clue: The Musical performed at the Taylors Falls Community Center; August 27th ~ The Spirit of the Drum with Don Karsky; Now to August 21st ~ Private Lives performed at Franklin Square; Now to August 20th ~ Steel Magnolias performed at Franklin Square Black Box. Find more information at www.festivaltheatre.org or call 715.483.3387.
- Franconia Sculpture Park Events: Now - November ~ Guided Tours and Artists Making New York; Sundays to October 29th ~ Free Weekly Tours at 2PM; Now - October ~ Franconia Artist Talks - 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month (6PM dinner 8PM discussion); August 27th ~ Tim Mahoney + Chastity Brown: Music at Franconia from 2PM to 6PM; August 20th and September 10th ~ Kids Make Sculpture from 1PM to 4PM; September 17th ~ Art and Artists Celebration from 11AM to 6PM. Find more information on all park events at www.franconia.org/event.html or call 651.257.6668.
- Music on the Overlook: August 19th ~ Annual Kids and Family Night; August 26th ~ Country Night with And Calhoun and the Outlaws. Find more information at www.musicontheoverlook.com. Performances begin at 6:30PM.
- August 27th ~ Ribfest - Ribs, sides and chicken. Music by Marty Sonnek and Jorgensen Tagg Band and more. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- Wild Mountain Winery Events: Find more information at www.wildmountainwinery.com or call 651.583.3585.
- Taylors Falls Specialty Cruises: August 20th ~ Wine and Chocolate Cruise from 7PM to 10PM; September 16th ~ Elvis Cruise; September 18th ~ Fall Sunday brunch from 10:30AM to 12:30PM. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/specialtycruises or call 651.465.6365.
- Chateau St. Croix Winery Events: Now thru August ~ Saturday Music Series every Saturday from 1PM to 4PM; September 9th and 10th ~ Grape Stomp Festival; September 24th and 25th ~ Fall Harvest Festival; October 15th and 16th ~ Oktober Wine Festival; November 19th and 20th ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend; December 10th and 11th ~ Holiday Cheers Weekend. Find more information about Chateau events at www.chateaustcroix.com or call 715.483.2556.
- Dancing Dragonfly Winery Events: CABIN FEVER FRIDAYS every Friday from 4PM to 7PM beginning Memorial Weekend to Labor Day Weekend. ACOUSTIC SUNDAYS from 1PM to 4PM: August 7th ~ Cole Thomas; August 14th ~ Linda Peterson; August 21st ~ Billy Johnson; August 28th ~ Linda Peterson. Find information for all winery events at www.dancingdragonflywinery.com or call 715.483.9463.
- Pleasant Valley Orchard Events: September 3rd ~ The orchard opens for the season. Open daily 10AM to 6PM. Find more information at www.pleasantvalleyorchard.com or call 651.257.9159.
- Wild Mountain Ski Area is open for skiing and snowboarding. Check their schedule at www.wildmountain.com.
- Wild Mountain Summer Recreation Area ~ Enjoy their New FreeFall - a two story tower with two platforms at varying heights and a 50x50 Stuntman Air Bag at the bottom. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/summer-recreation/freefallxp
- Friday and Saturday evenings ~ Five-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Experience at the St. Croix River Inn. Reservations required. Find more information at www.stcroixriverinn.com/menus.html or call 715.294.4248.
- Osceola and St. Croix Valley Train Rides: Pizza Train at 11AM ~ August 20th and 27th; September 10th, 17th and 24th; Pumpkin Train ~ October 21st, 22nd and 23rd. Find more information at www.trainride.org or call the depot at 715.755.3570.
- September 10th ~ Wheels and Wings: an annual event. For updated information please visit www.wheelswings.com.
- September 24th ~ Octoberfest, Valley Brewfest and Craft Beer Tasting hosted by Tippy Canoes from 2PM to close. Find more information at www.myosceolachamber.org/valley-brew-fest.html or call 715.755.3300.
- Rivertown Artworks ~ is now open in Osceola and features: potters - Rustic Road Pottery and The Potters Shed; art, cards, Neumann Farm Gift Baskets, products from Thymes, Wire and Whimsy and much, much more. Classes are now being offered: Watercolor $45; Doodle Drawing $29 includes supplies; Paint Your Own Pottery $20-$50 depending on the piece you choose; Glass Fusing $30. Find more information at www.facebook.com/pages/RiverTown-Artworks/715122955235670 .
- Trollhaugen Outdoor Recreation Area ~ Located near Dresser, WI - Enjoy their Aerial Challenge Course which offers 40+ towers with six zip lines and 112 elements. Newly added: Kids Challenge Course - a 13 element course, built for ages 3-8. Find more information at www.trollhaugen.com/aerial_adventure_park.php
- Every Tuesday night is Jameson Club Night at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Every Wednesday night ~ enjoy delicious Four Course Dinner Menus at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night in Charlie's Pub from 7:30PM to 11PM. August 19th and 20th ~ Broken Spoke; August 26th, 27th and 28th ~ Lojo Russo. Find more information at www.charliesrestaurant.us or call 651.430.0907.
- Summer Sundays at the Water Street Inn from 1PM to 5PM on the north patio - August 21st ~ Tommy Bentz; September 4th ~ Joel Kachel. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Ongoing weekly event at Outing Lodge ~ Open Studio Wine and Art Event - the 2 hour open studio art session for two begins at 3PM and includes all materials, cheese sampler and a glass of house wine. Reservations are required. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- Summer Tuesdays - held in north Lowell Park: Marketplace opens at 5PM, Live Music begins at 6PM and the Movie starts at dusk. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and boaters will be able to "boat-in" and watch from the St. Croix River. August 16th ~ Movie: Labyrinth - Music by: Jacuzzi Puma; August 23rd ~ Movie: Zootopia - Music by: Third Wheel Project.
- August 20th ~ Monet's Table - An elegant 'farm to table' theme dinner event held at the Outing Lodge. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- Happening at The Phipps Center for the Arts: August 12th to August 21st ~ The Phipps Dance theater presents The Best of Broadway; September 9th to September 25th ~ Lombardi. For information and tickets visit www.thephipps.org or call 715.386.8409.
- Negret Wine Company Events - BOGO Wednesdays from 4PM to 7PM; Hudson Sips - Happy Hour every Thursday and Friday from 4:30PM to 6PM. Tertulia Thursdays ~ September 8th, October 13th - a night of conversational Spanish, from 6PM to 7:30PM, hosted by Debra Anderson; August 25th ~ A Glass of Red - A Night of Painting and Wine taught by Wine and Canvas from 6PM to 9PM; August 27th ~ All You Can Eat Dessert Night from 6PM to 9PM - Glass of Wine + Open Dessert Bar; August 31st ~ Make Your Own Chalkboard by Living Painted from 6:30PM to 8:30PM; September 16th ~ Red, White and Blue Wine Dinner - A 3-Course Meal with Wine Pairings . Find more information at www.negretwinecompany.com or call 715.531.4004.
- Locust Street Car Shows: August 21st and September 18th from 1PM to 5PM. For more information call 715.381.9866.
- Concerts in the Lakefront Park: every Thursday from 7PM to 8PM. August 18th ~ Sarah Lou Richards-Country; August 25th ~ Movie Night and Music. For more information call 715.386.4774 x113.
- Afton Cruise Lines Specialty Cruises: August 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th, 30th and 31st ~ Fajita and Margarita Cruise; August 26th ~ Friday Italian Night Cruise; August 21st and 28th ~ Sunday Champagne Brunch Cruise from Noon to 2PM; August 21st ~ Hawaiian Luau Cruise from 4:30PM to 6:30PM; August 10th ~ Luncheon Buffet Cruise from 11:30AM to 1:30PM; Comedy Cruise ~ August 19th ~ dinner with Bill Gorgo; August 9th ~ Casino Cruise; August 26th ~ Cheers Pablo Painting Class. Find more information at www.stcroixrivercruises.com or call 651.436.8883.
- Ultimate Girls Night Out ~ August 18th, September 15th, October 20th, November 17th and December 15th. In downtown Afton from 5PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.exploreafton.com.