Local Chambers and City Web Sites
In planning your next getaway, consider the St. Croix River Valley bordering Wisconsin and Minnesota. Check the attractions and events of the area and find an activity relevant to your interests or those of your family. Schedule travel to one of the cities or towns located in the scenic valley of either MN or WI for a memorable vacation experience spent at one of our Member Inns.
Hudson - Wisconsin
Osceola - Wisconsin
Polk County - Wisconsin
Afton - Minnesota
Center City - Minnesota
Stillwater - Minnesota
St Croix Valley Info
Center City, MN
Taylors Falls MN/St. Croix Falls WI
- Picket Fence Gals: October 14th to October 18th; November 4th to November 8th; December 2nd to December 6th ~ 25 creative vendors come together once a month for 5 days to showcase and sell their unique treasures. Times: Wednesday 3PM to 7PM; Thursday to Saturday 9AM to 6PM; Sunday 11AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.picketfencegals.com or call 651.334.1444.
- Winehaven Winery Events: November 21st and 22nd ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend. Find more winery information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
- Performances at the Festival Theatre: October 3rd to October 25th ~ Noises Off.
- **Happenings at the Theatre**: Find more information about theatre happenings at www.festivaltheatre.org or call 715.483.3387.
- Music On The Overlook: Find more information at www.musicontheoverlook.com or call 612.385.4598.
- October 3rd and 4th ~ Autumn Fest - Downtown St. Croix Falls and the Overlook. Find more information at www.scfaf.com.
- Franconia Sculpture Park: Now thru November 8th ~ Guided Tours offered to learn about the techniques, processes and resources involved in creating sculpture; Now to October 25th ~ Free Sunday Tours at 2PM; Now thru November ~ Artists Making New York - take a peek at the sculpture while it's being created and meet the artists-in-residence; Now thru October ~ Artist Talks - 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, learn from the artists-in-residence and enjoy a delicious meal; Music @ Franconia from 1PM to 7PM enjoy toe-tapping family fun in their earthen amphitheater amidst the sculpture exhibition. Find more information on all park events at www.franconia.org/event.html or call 651.257.6668.
- Wild Mountain Winery Events: Live music every Saturday from 3PM to 6PM. September 5th ~ Russell; September 12th ~ Scrapegoat Skin and Bones Trio. Find more information at www.wildmountainwinery.com or call 651.583.3585.
- Chateau St. Croix Winery Events: October 17th and 18th ~ Oktober Wine Festival - Live German music, great food, wine and beer. Find more information about Chateau events at www.chateaustcroix.com or call 715.483.2556.
- Dancing Dragonfly Winery Events: October 24th ~ David Roth in Concert; November 7th ~ Owners Dinner: An Evening in Tuscany from 6PM to 8:30PM; November 27th ~ Night Out - Comedy Night; December 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th ~ Holiday Boutique. Dancing at the Winery: October 16th ~ Swing; November 20th ~ Waltz. Find information for all winery events at www.dancingdragonflywinery.com or call 715.483.9463.
- Pleasant Valley Orchard Events: October 3rd and 4th ~ Hayrides - Pick Your Own Apples - Music on Saturday - Brat Feed on Sunday. Open daily 10AM to 6PM. Find more information at www.pleasantvalleyorchard.com or call 651.257.9159.
- 136 Vintage - your destination for antiques, art, collectibles, painted and refurbished furniture is NOW OPEN in downtown St. Croix Falls. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10AM to 5PM. For more information call 715.483.0030.
- Wild Mountain Ski Area is open for skiing and snowboarding. Check their schedule at www.wildmountain.com.
- Wild Mountain Summer Recreation Area ~ Enjoy their New FreeFall - a two story tower with two platforms at varying heights and a 50x50 Stuntman Air Bag at the bottom. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/summer-recreation/freefallxp
- Friday and Saturday evenings ~ at 6PM Chef Ben and Chef Andrew serve up a Five-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Experience at the St. Croix River Inn. Reservations required. Find more information at www.stcroixriverinn.com/menus.html or call 715.294.4248.
- Rivertown Artworks ~ is now open in Osceola and features: potters - Rustic Road Pottery and The Potters Shed; art, cards, Neumann Farm Gift Baskets, products from Thymes, Wire and Whimsy and much, much more. Classes are now being offered: Watercolor $45; Doodle Drawing $29 includes supplies; Paint Your Own Pottery $20-$50 depending on the piece you choose; Glass Fusing $30. Find more information at www.facebook.com/pages/RiverTown-Artworks/715122955235670 or contact Beth at 715.529.1126.
- October 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th ~ Fall Colors Train Rides. Find more information at www.transportationmuseum.org/fall-colors or call 715.755.3570.
- October 16th, 17th and 18th ~ Pumpkin Express. Find more information at www.transportationmuseum.org/pumpkin-express or call 715.755.3570.
- Farmer's Market: held every Friday from 2PM to 6PM in Mill Pond Park June thru October. For more information call Christine Elmquist at 715.294.3038.
- Trollhaugen Outdoor Recreation Area ~ Located near Dresser, WI - Enjoy their newest Aerial Challenge Course which offers 40+ towers with six zip lines and 112 elements. Find more information atwww.trollhaugen.com/aerial_adventure_park.php
- Every Tuesday night is Jameson Club Night at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Every Wednesday night ~ enjoy delicious Four Course Dinner Menus at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night in Charlie's Pub from 7:30PM to 11PM. October 3rd and 4th ~ Barry Nelson; October 9th and 10th ~ Hounds of Finn; October 16th and 17th ~ Bedlam; October 23rd and 24th ~ Broken Spoke. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Ongoing weekly event at Outing Lodge ~ Open Studio Wine and Art Event - the 2 hour open studio art session for two begins at 3PM and includes all materials, cheese sampler and a glass of house wine. Reservations are required. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- October 3rd and 4th ~ Fall Colors, Fine Art and Music Festival - in Lowell Park.
- October 10th and 11th ~ Harvest Fest - Chili Cook off, Pumpkin Regatta and Microbrew Tasting. Find more information at www.harvestfeststillwater.com.
- November 22nd and 23rd ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend at Northern Vineyards from Noon to 5PM. Cost is $5/person. Find more information at www.northernvineyards.com or call 651.430.1032.
- Happening at The Phipps Center for the Arts: For information and tickets visit www.thephipps.org or call 715.386.8409.
- Every Saturday Now thru October ~ Hudson Farmers Market from 9AM to 1PM Buy Fresh Buy Local. Find more information at www.hudsonfarmersmarketcarmichael.com.
- Ultimate Girls Night Out ~ October 15th; November 19th; December 17th from 5-8PM. Find more information at www.facebook.com/ultimategirlsnightout.com
- Cruises offered from Afton Cruise Lines: Fajita and Margarita Cruises ~ October 6th, 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th and 21st. Friday Night Sunset Dinner Cruises ~ October 16th. Treasure Island Cruises ~ October 6th and 13th. Comedy Cruises ~ October 9th - Stand up to Cancer For Breast Cancer - featuring Bioma Freeman. Sunday Brunch Cruise ~ October 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th. Fall Color Cruises ~ October 3rd, 4th, 11th, 17th and 18th. October Beer and Dinner Cruise ~ October 17th. Find more information at www.stcroixrivercruises.com or call 651.436.8883.