Local Chambers and City Web Sites
In planning your next getaway, consider the St. Croix River Valley bordering Wisconsin and Minnesota. Check the attractions and events of the area and find an activity relevant to your interests or those of your family. Schedule travel to one of the cities or towns located in the scenic valley of either MN or WI for a memorable vacation experience spent at one of our Member Inns.
Polk County Information
River Falls Chamber
Afton Area Business Association
St. Croix Valley Information
Center City, MN
Taylors Falls MN/St. Croix Falls WI
- Picket Fence Gals: August 9th thru 13th; September 6th thru 10th; October 4th thru 8th; November 1st thru 5th; December 6th thru 10th ~ 25 creative vendors come together once a month for 5 days to showcase and sell their unique treasures. Times: Wednesday 3PM to 7PM; Thursday to Saturday 9AM to 6PM; Sunday 11AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.picketfencegals.net or call 651.334.1444.
- Winehaven Winery Events: Wine and Chocolate Dinner Cruise - August 19th, September 2nd; Federweisser and Roter Rauscher Festival - October 28th from 10AM to 5PM and October 29th from 11AM to 5PM; Cheese and Chocolate Weekend at Winehaven - November 18th from 10AM to 5PM and November 19th from 11AM to 5PM; Holiday Cheer at the Vineyard - December 2nd from 10AM to 5PM and December 3rd from 11AM to 5PM. Find more winery information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
- North Folk Winery Events: Every Friday Night ~ Gourmet Pizza Night beginning at 5PM; Music at the Winery from 5:30PM to 7:30PM: August 11th ~ Two Tone Duo; August 18th ~ Flip Side; August 26th ~ The Vines Bluegrass Festival; September 1st ~ Cactus Willie; September 8th ~ Steve Clark & The Working Stiffs; September 15th ~ Kenny Krona & Aubrey Olson; September 22nd ~ Kitche Patrol; September 29th ~ King Wilkies Dream. Find more information at www.northfolkwinery.com or call 651.674.7548.
- Performances at the Festival Theatre: **Due to theatre renovations performances are being held at Franklin Square Black Box** August 12th thru the 27th ~ The Children's Hour; October 7th thru the 29th ~ Death of a Salesman; November 25th thru December 24th ~ It's a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play. Find more information at www.festivaltheatre.org or call 715.483.3387.
- Taylors Falls Scenic Boat Cruises: August 19th, September 2nd ~ Wine and Chocolate Dinner from 6:30PM to 9:30PM featuring Winehaven Wines; September 15th ~ Elvis Cruise from 7PM to 9PM; September 17th ~ Fall Sunday Brunch Cruise from 10:30AM to 12:30PM. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/specialty-cruises or call 651.465.6365.
- Taylors Falls Interstate Park Events: Every Saturday and Sunday thru Labor Day at Noon ~ Guided Glacial Pothole Tours; August 12th, 13th, 17th, 19th, 20th, 24th, 26th, 27th ~ The Children's Hour; September 8th, 9th, 10th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th ~ Children of the Mystery River. For more information call 651.465.5711.
- Franconia Sculpture Park Events: Now to October 31st ~ Tour Program - Monday thru Friday 9AM to 5PM and free every Sunday at 2PM; Now to November ~ Artists Making New Work; Now to October ~ Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month - 6PM Dinner and 8PM Discussion; Music at Franconia: August 27th ~ Mu Daiko + R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance + Jang-Mi Korean Dance and Drum; August 20th, September 10th ~ Kids Make Sculpture from 1PM to 4PM - $40 fee for ages 5-16; September 17th ~ Art and Artists Celebration from 11AM to 6PM and music till 7PM. Find more information on all park events at www.franconia.org/event.html or call 651.257.6668.
- Wild Mountain Winery Events: Open Friday from 2PM to 6PM; Saturday Noon to 6PM; Sunday Noon to 6PM. Music at the Winery from 3PM to 6PM: August 12th ~ Andy Tuckett; August 19th ~ Scrapegoat - Skin & Bones Trio; August 26th ~ Hanson & Hoyt; September 2nd ~ Rick & Kenny Duo; September 9th ~ Skipping Stones - Elso & Russell. Find more information at www.wildmountainwinery.com or call 651.583.3585.
- Chateau St. Croix Winery Events: Now thru September ~ Saturday Music Series from 1PM to 4PM - August 12th ~ Rich Rue & Nikki Matteson; August 19th ~ Lehto and Wright Duo; September 2nd ~ Rich Rue and Nikki Matteson; September 9th ~ Paul Mayasich & Jody Hanks from 11AM to 2PM & Paul Mayasich & the RAMM Band from 2:45PM to 6PM; September 10th ~ Wright & Neale Duo from 11AM to 2PM and Lehto and Wright Band from 2:45PM to 6PM; September 16th ~ David Ybarra and the Northside Dukes; September 23rd ~ Paul Mayasich & Jody Hanks from 11:30AM to 2:30PM & Paul Mayasich & the RAMM Band from 3PM to 6PM; September 24th ~ Mike Salovich Duo from 11AM to 2:30PM & Funtion Junction from 3PM to 6PM; Grape Stomp Festival ~ September 9th and 10th; Fall Harvest Festival ~ September 23rd and 24th; Oktober Wine Festival ~ October 14th and 15th; Wine-O-Ween ~ October 28th and 29th; Cheese and Chocolate Weekend ~ November 18th and 19th; Holiday Cheers ~ December 9th and 10th, 16th and 17th, 23rd. Find more information about Chateau events at www.chateaustcroix.com or call 715.483.2556.
- Dancing Dragonfly Winery Events: Friday Getaways: Every Friday night now thru Labor Day Weekend from 4PM to 7PM. Acoustic Sundays: August 13th ~ Linda Peterson; August 20th ~ Billy Johnson; August 27th ~ Dan Israel; September 3rd ~ Linda Peterson; September 10th ~ Tim Cheesebrow; September 24th ~ Cole Thomas. Paint & Sip ~ August 25th, September 8th, October 28th, November 11th, December 17th; Comedy Night ~ August 11th, November 24th; Night Out at the Winery ~ September 22nd; Great Table Dinner ~ August 18th; Cheese and Wine Festival ~ August 19th; Food and Wine Festival ~ September 16th and 17th; Dancing at the Dragonfly ~ September 21st, October 19th, November 16th; David Roth Concert ~ October 14th; Food Pairing Weekend ~ November 18th and 19th; Holiday Boutique ~ December 2nd, 9th, 12th, 16th. Find information for all winery events at www.dancingdragonflywinery.com or call 715.483.9463.
- Pleasant Valley Orchard Events: September 2nd, 3rd & 4th ~ Fall Apple Season Begins; September 16th ~ Vendor Fair from 11AM to 4PM; September 23rd & 30th, October 7th & 14th ~ Music at the Orchard; Weekends September 23rd to end of October ~ Hayrides to the Pumpkin Patch; September 24th & October 1st ~ Brat Feed & Old Fashioned Pie Social from 11AM to 3PM; October 20th to 31st ~ 12 Days of Halloween; October 28th ~ Pumpkin Bake-Off; November 1st till close of season ~ November Barn Sale from 10AM to 5PM; November 30th, December 1st & 2nd ~ Christmas Barn Sale from 10AM to 4PM. Find more information at www.pleasantvalleyorchard.com or call 651.257.9159.
- Music on the Overlook in St. Croix Falls - August 11th ~ Black River Revue: Blue Grass; August 18th ~ Great Folk Music: Patchouli; August 25th ~ Rolling Stone: Tumblin Dice; September 3rd ~ Sunday noon: TBA; September 24th ~ Sunday noon: Eelpout Stringers. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy the view! Find more information at www.musicontheoverlook.com.
- August 26th ~ Ribfest Saturday - St. Croix Falls from 3PM to 10PM. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- October 7th ~ Autumn Fest - St. Croix Falls. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- November 24th to 26th ~ Taylors Falls Lighting Festival. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- December 2nd ~ St. Croix Falls Rivertown Holiday. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- Wild Mountain Ski Area is open for skiing and snowboarding. Check their schedule at www.wildmountain.com.
- Wild Mountain Summer Recreation Area ~ Enjoy their New FreeFall - a two story tower with two platforms at varying heights and a 50x50 Stuntman Air Bag at the bottom. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/summer-recreation/freefallxp
- Osceola & St. Croix Valley Railway Events: September 30th thru October 15th ~ Leaf Viewing; October 20th to October 22nd ~ Pumpkin Express. Check out a detailed schedule at www.TransportationMuseum.org or call 715.755.3570.
- St. Croix ArtBarn Events: August 26th ~ Holy Hootenanners; October 6th thru October 14th ~ The Diary of Anne Frank; October 28th ~ The High 48s Bluegrass Band. Find more information at www.stcroixartbarn.org.
- August 19th ~ Valley Brew Fest at PYs Saloon and Grill from 4PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.myosceolachamber.org/valley-brew-fest or call 715.294.3314.
- One evening each month ~ Five-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Experience at the St. Croix River Inn. Reservations required. Visit their web site www.stcroixriverinn.com/menus.html for details or call 715.294.4248.
- Messy Mondays at Gullywubbles - main street Osceola. Classes are offered at 10AM and 1PM and are $10. Their shop is YOUR craft room. Find more information at www.facebook.com/gullywubbles.
- Music at Tippy's: Every Thursday night is Ladies Night with Savanna Hall. Find more information at www.tippycanoes.com or call 715.294.4777.
- Trollhaugen Events: Find more information at www.trollhaugen.com or call 715.755.2955.
- Trollhaugen Outdoor Recreation Area ~ Located near Dresser, WI - Enjoy their Aerial Challenge Course which offers 40+ towers with six zip lines and 112 elements. Newly added: Kids Challenge Course - a 13 element course, built for ages 3-8. Find more information at www.trollhaugen.com/aerial_adventure_park.php
- My Happy Place Boutique events: October 6th - 8th & October 13th - 15th ~ Fall Vintage Charm Tour. My Happy Place Boutique offers Furniture, Home Decor, Jewelry, Lifestyle Clothing and Gifts and is located on Main Street in Somerset, WI. Find more information at www.MyHappyPlace.boutique or call 715.247.4000.
- Every Tuesday night is Jameson Club Night at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Every Tuesday and Wednesday night ~ enjoy delicious Four Course Dinner Menus at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night in Charlie's Pub from 7:30PM to 11PM and Summer - weather permitting on the patio from 1PM to 5PM: August 4th and 5th ~ Bedlam; August 6th ~ Joel Kachel; August 11th & 12th ~ The Careys; August 13th ~ Third Wheel. Find more information at www.charliesrestaurant.us or call 651.430.0907.
- Every 3rd Thursday ~ Dueling Pianos at the Water Street Inn. For tickets visit www.WaterStreetInn.Eventbrite.com or call the front desk at 651.439.6000.
- Summer Tuesdays in Lowell Park downtown Stillwater beginning at 5PM: August 17th ~ Sing; August 22nd ~ The Sandlot. Find more information at www.SummerTuesdays.com or call 651.439.4001.
- St. Croix Chocolate Co. Events located in Marine on the St. Croix: Pizza Nights offering wood fired pizzas every Friday from 5PM to 9PM and Saturdays from 2PM to 9PM. Find more information at www.stcroixchocolateco.com or call 651.433.1400.
- Culinary Outings at the Outing Lodge: Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- Happening at The Phipps Center for the Arts: August 18th thru the 27th ~ New York, New York! by the Phipps Dance Theater; September 15th thru October 1st ~ The Savannah Sipping Society . For information and tickets visit www.thephipps.org or call 715.386.8409.
- Locust Street Car Shows: August 20th and September 17th from 1PM to 5PM. For more information call 715.381.9866.
- St. Croix Off Broadway Dinner Theater Events: December 1st thru January 6, 2018 ~ Chasing Christmas; March 9th thru May 19, 2018 ~ Don't Hug Me, We're Family. Find more information at www.stcroixoffbroadway.com or call 715.386.2394 x333.
- Ultimate Girls Night Out ~ August 17th, September 21st, October 19th, November 16th, December 21st. In downtown Afton from 5PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.exploreafton.com.
- Swirl Wine Bar Events: Every Tuesday Night ~ Date Night Special from 4PM to 9PM. Find more information at www.swirlmywine.com or call 651.436.2010 or 651.436.8883.
- Afton*Hudson Cruise Line Cruises: August 11th, 18th & 25th, September 1st, 8th, 22nd & 29th ~ Italian Dinner Cruise at 6:30PM; August 9th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th & 30th, September 6th, 12th, 19th, 20th, 26th & 27th ~ Fajita and Margarita Dinner Cruise at 6:15PM; September 17th & 24th with a theater option ~ Sunday Champagne Brunch Cruise or enjoy traditional brunch cruise - August 13th, 20th & 27th, September 3rd & 10th; August 15th & September 12th ~ Treasure Island Cruise; September 15th ~ Vineyards of the Croix Wine Dinner Cruise; September 22nd ~ Day Cruise. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883.