Local Chambers and City Web Sites
In planning your next getaway, consider the St. Croix River Valley bordering Wisconsin and Minnesota. Check the attractions and events of the area and find an activity relevant to your interests or those of your family. Schedule travel to one of the cities or towns located in the scenic valley of either MN or WI for a memorable vacation experience spent at one of our Member Inns.
Hudson - Wisconsin
Osceola - Wisconsin
Polk County - Wisconsin
Afton - Minnesota
Center City - Minnesota
Stillwater - Minnesota
St Croix Valley Info
Center City, MN
Taylors Falls MN/St. Croix Falls WI
- Picket Fence Gals: April 8th to April 12th; May 6th to May 10th; June 3rd to June 7th; July 1st to July 5th; August 5th to August 9th; September 9th to September 13th; October 14th to October 18th; November 4th to November 8th; December 2nd to December 6th ~ 25 creative vendors come together once a month for 5 days to showcase and sell their unique treasures. Times: Wednesday 3PM to 7PM; Thursday to Saturday 9AM to 6PM; Sunday 11AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.picketfencegals.com or call 651.334.1444.
- Winehaven Winery Events: April 11th and 12th ~ New Vintage Days; May 23rd and 24th ~ Tap the Barrel Weekend; June 6th, July 11th, August 1st and September 5th ~ Wine and Chocolate Dinner Cruise from 7PM to 10PM. To reserve call 651.465.6315; June 20th, July 18th, August 8th and September 26th ~ Wine and Cheese Dinner Cruise from 7PM to 10PM. To reserve call 651.465.6315; July 11th and 12th ~ 17th Annual Raspberries and Wine Festival; August 15th and 16th ~ 17th Annual Rhubarb Festival; November 21st and 22nd ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend. Find more winery information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
- April 25th ~ Eichten's Spring Wine Dinner - 5 Course meal with wine and cheese reception and live entertainment by The Harmony Valley Boys. 6:30PM seating at Eichten's Market and Cafe. Reservations required. Call 651.257.1566.
- Happenings at the Festival Theatre: April 17th ~ The premier of Jack's Back Door Cafe at 7:30PM; April 25th ~ Once Upon a River; June 20th to August 16th ~ Little Shop of Horrors; June 26th to August 21st ~ Sew Good Improv; July 4th to August 15th ~ The Complete Works of William Shakespeare; July 23rd to July 26th ~ Improv for YOUth; August 1st to September 6th ~ A Streetcar Named Desire; October 3rd to October 25th ~ Noises Off.
- **Music at the Theatre**: April 4th ~ John Gorka; April 23rd ~ Jay Ungar and Molly Mason; April 25th ~ Dan Choinard and Prudence Johnson; May 9th ~ Colleen Raye's Musical Tribute to Patsy Cline; June 19th ~ The FiddleMasters; September 26th ~ Michael Johnson. Find more information about theatre happenings at www.festivaltheatre.org or call 715.483.3387
- Franconia Sculpture Park: April 22nd thru November 8th ~ Guided Tours offered to learn about the techniques, processes and resources involved in creating sculpture; May 3rd to October 25th ~ Free Sunday Tours at 2PM; April thru November ~ Artists Making New York - take a peek at the sculpture while it's being created and meet the artists-in-residence; June thru October ~ Artist Talks - 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, learn from the artists-in-residence and enjoy a delicious meal; April 24th ~ International Sculpture Day at Casket Gallery Franconia in the City from 6PM to 8PM; May 15th to 17th ~ Art-A-Whirl/Franconia in the City - celebrate northeast Minneapolis with Franconia and neighborhood artists (http://nemaa.org/art-a-whirl); Music @ Franconia from 1PM to 7PM enjoy toe-tapping family fun in their earthen amphitheater amidst the sculpture exhibition: June 27th ~ Rhythm & Groove/Black Market Brass, Brass Messengers, The Undergroove; July 11th ~ Uniquely American/Roe Family Singer & Friends, Duck for the Oyster; August 15th ~ Tour of Europe/Orkestar Bez Ime, Mark Stillman, Francine Roche, Nancy Sanchelli Guertin & Sima Shumilovsky, Quartetto Rosso; Kids Make Sculpture from 1PM to 4PM for ages 4-18 kids step into the life of a sculpture for the afternoon: May 30th, June 20th, July 18th and August 22nd; June 21st ~ Summer Solstice Celebration: celebrate the longest day of the year with Franconia, dinner at 8PM; Hot Metal Mold-Making Workshops: July 25th and 26th from 1PM to 4PM, July 29th and 30th from 4PM to 8PM; August 1st ~ Community Collaboration Hot Metal Pour from 10AM to 8PM; August 8th ~ Resident Artists Hot Metal Pour; September 12th from 10AM to 8PM ~ Art & Artists Celebration - 19th annual celebration for the artists who made new work in 2015. Find more information on all park events at www.franconia.org/event.html or call 651.257.6668.
- Dancing Dragonfly Winery Events: April 4th ~ Comedy Night at the Winery from 7PM to 8:30PM featuring Marj Rowan and Chad Filley; April 18th ~ Paint and Sip from 2PM to 4:30PM; April 25th ~ The Bazaar - Mother Of All Home Shopping Parties - A free event from 11AM to 5PM; May 2nd and May 3rd ~ Open House - FREE and open to the public - Wine tours at 2PM and 4PM on Saturday, limited to the first 40, Live music - Saturday noon to 3PM: Vinnie Rose, 4PM to 7PM: Brian Wicklund and Sunday 1PM to 4PM: Dave Cofell, Pizza and Panini all weekend; May 15th ~ Night Out - Foxtrot Dance Class; June 5th ~ Night Out - Explore Your Palate, Chapter 3; June 13th and 14th ~ Midsummer Festival; July 10th ~ Night Out - Paint and Sip; July 11th ~ Jazz in July Festival; August 14th ~ Night Out - Comedy Night; September 11th ~ Night Out - Paint and Sip; September 26th and 27th ~ Food/Wine Festival and Grape Stomp; October 24th ~ David Roth in Concert; November 27th ~ Night Out - Comedy Night; December 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th ~ Holiday Boutique. Acoustic Sundays: beginning May 3rd and continue through November with the 2015 schedule to be announced soon. Find information for all winery events at www.dancingdragonflywinery.com or call 715.483.9463.
- Pleasant Valley Orchard Events: Find more information at www.pleasantvalleyorchard.com or call 651.257.9159.
- May 1st~ A Premier Food, Wine and Craft Beer Tasting - held at Polk County Fair Grounds 4H building. A fun evening of food, wine and craft beer and great live music with Swing and A Miss. For more information call 715.483.3580.
- June 12th, 13th and 14th ~ Wannigan Days - local business vendor village includes artists, crafters, food, music and more. Find more information at www.wannigans.com.
- 136 Vintage - your destination for antiques, art, collectibles, painted and refurbished furniture is NOW OPEN in downtown St. Croix Falls. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10AM to 5PM. For more information call 715.483.0030.
- Wild Mountain Ski Area is open for skiing and snowboarding. Check their schedule at www.wildmountain.com.
- Wild Mountain Summer Recreation Area ~ Enjoy their New FreeFall - a two story tower with two platforms at varying heights and a 50x50 Stuntman Air Bag at the bottom. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/summer-recreation/freefallxp
- Friday and Saturday evenings ~ at 6PM Chef Ben and Chef Andrew serve up a Five-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Experience at the St. Croix River Inn. Reservations required. Find more information at www.stcroixriverinn.com/menus.html or call 715.294.4248.
- Rivertown Artworks ~ is now open in Osceola and features: potters - Rustic Road Pottery and The Potters Shed; art, cards, Neumann Farm Gift Baskets, products from Thymes, Wire and Whimsy and much, much more. Classes are now being offered: April 11th, May 9th, May 15th ~ Watercolor, $45; April 16th, May 7th ~ Doodle Drawing, $29; April 17th and April 25th, May 14th and 16th ~ Paint Your Own Pottery, $20-$50 depending on the piece you choose; May 23rd ~ Glass Fusing, $30. Find more information at www.facebook.com/pages/RiverTown-Artworks/715122955235670 or contact Beth at 715.529.1126.
- April 16th ~ Osceola "Ladies Night Out" - St. Croix River Valley Style from 4PM to 8PM. 25+ participating businesses, Fashion Show at the Cornerstone Square, Outdoor Active Demos in the Millpond Park and more..... Find more information at www.facebook.com/events/1046769172018408
- Trollhaugen Outdoor Recreation Area ~ Located near Dresser, WI - Enjoy their newest Aerial Challenge Course which offers 40+ towers with six zip lines and 112 elements. Find more information atwww.trollhaugen.com/aerial_adventure_park.php
- Every Tuesday night is Jameson Club Night at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Every Wednesday night ~ enjoy delicious Four Course Dinner Menus at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night in Charlie's Pub from 7:30PM to 11PM. April 3rd and 4th ~ Tom Dahill; April 10th and 11th ~ Lockin Road; April 17th and 18th ~ Broken Spoke; April 24th and 25th ~ Hounds of Finn; May 1st and 2nd ~ Hounds of Finn; May 8th and 9th ~ Paul and Lorraine; May 15th and 16th ~ Bedlam; May 22nd and 23rd ~ TBA; May 29th and 30th ~ Broken Spoke; June 5th and 6th ~ Hounds of Finn; June 12th and 13th ~ Locklin Road; June 19th and 20th ~ Bedlam. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Ongoing weekly event at Outing Lodge ~ Open Studio Wine and Art Event - the 2 hour open studio art session for two begins at 3PM and includes all materials, cheese sampler and a glass of house wine. Reservations are required. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- April 5th ~ Easter Day Brunch at the Water Street Inn from 11AM to 4PM. Reservations recommended. Find more details at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- April 18th ~ Paris in the 20's - A Themed Wine Dinner Event held at the Outing Lodge. Reservations are required. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- May 30th ~ Spring in Tuscany - A Themed Wine Dinner Event held at the Outing Lodge. Reservations are required. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- May 30th and May 31st ~ Rivertown Art Festival - held in North Lowell Park, downtown Stillwater. Find more information at www.greaterstillwaterchamber.com or call 651.439.4001.
- Happening at The Phipps Center for the Arts: April 24th to May 3rd ~ Once Upon a Crime: The Trial of Goldilocks. For information and tickets visit www.thephipps.org or call 715.386.8409.
- April 10th and 11th, April 17th and 18th, April 24th and 25th ~ Breaking Up Is Hard To Do - at the St. Croix Off Broadway Dinner Theater. For more information call 715.386.2394 ext. 333.
- April 23rd ~ Girls Night Out - shop, dine and play in downtown Hudson. For more information call 715.386.8411.
- September 26th and 27th ~ Spirit of St. Croix Art Festival in Lakefront Park features a variety of creative talent - 85+ juried artists, acoustic music and local fare. For more information call 715.386.8411.
- Ultimate Girls Night Out ~ April 16th; May 21st; June 18th; July 16th from 5-8PM. Find more information at www.facebook.com/ultimategirlsnightout
- April 5th ~ Easter Brunch Buffet at the Afton House Inn from 9AM to 5PM. Reservations recommended. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883.
- April 9th ~ 4 Course Beer Dinner - served 6:30PM to 9:30PM in the Current Restaurant. Reservation required. Call 651.436.8883.
- April 11th ~ Baglio's of Afton Style Show - luncheon style show held at Historic Afton House from 11:30AM to 1:30PM. Reservation required. Call 651.436.1506.
- May 10th ~ Mother's Day Brunch Buffet served from 9AM to 5PM at the Afton House Inn. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883.
- May 10th ~ Mother's Day Champagne Brunch Cruise - cruising from 11AM to 1PM and 2:30PM to 4:30PM. Find more information at www.stcroixrivercruises.com or call 651.436.8883.
- Cruises offered from Afton Cruise Lines: Fajita and Margarita Cruises ~ May 5th, 12th, 13th, 19th, 20th, 26th and 27th; Friday Night Dinner Cruises ~ May 15th, May 22nd and May 29th; Sunday Brunch Cruises ~ May 17th, 24th and 31st; Treasure Island Cruises ~ June 16th and July 14th; Comedy Cruises ~ June 19th - Funny Four Fathers with Jeff Gerbino, July 17th - with Joe Tanner; Hawaiian Luau Cruises ~ June 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th; Blues Cruise ~ with Mr. Bone and The Head Hunters. Find more information at www.stcroixrivercruises.com or call 651.436.8883.
- June 21st ~ Father's Day Comedy Cruise with Jeff Gerbino. Find more information at www.stcroixrivercruises.com or call 651.436.8883.