Local Chambers and City Web Sites
In planning your next getaway, consider the St. Croix River Valley bordering Wisconsin and Minnesota. Check the attractions and events of the area and find an activity relevant to your interests or those of your family. Schedule travel to one of the cities or towns located in the scenic valley of either MN or WI for a memorable vacation experience spent at one of our Member Inns.
Polk County Information
River Falls Chamber
Afton Area Business Association
St. Croix Valley Information
Center City, MN
Taylors Falls MN/St. Croix Falls WI
- Picket Fence Gals: May 10th thru 14th; June 7th thru 11th; July 12th thru 16th; August 9th thru 13th; September 6th thru 10th; October 4th thru 8th; November 1st thru 5th; December 6th thru 10th ~ 25 creative vendors come together once a month for 5 days to showcase and sell their unique treasures. Times: Wednesday 3PM to 7PM; Thursday to Saturday 9AM to 6PM; Sunday 11AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.picketfencegals.net or call 651.334.1444.
- Winehaven Winery Events: Tap the Barrel Weekend - May 29th from 10AM to 5PM and May 30th from 11AM to 5PM; Wine and Chocolate Dinner Cruise - June 3rd, July 8th, July 29th, August 19th, September 2nd; Wine and Cheese Dinner Cruise - June 17th, July 15th, August 5th; 21st Annual Raspberry and Wine Festival - June 24th from 10AM to 5PM and June 25th from 11AM to 5PM; 21st Annual Rhubarb Frenzy - July 22nd from 10AM to 5PM and July 23rd from 11AM to 5PM; Federweisser and Roter Rauscher Festival - October 28th from 10AM to 5PM and October 29th from 11AM to 5PM; Cheese and Chocolate Weekend at Winehaven - November 18th from 10AM to 5PM and November 19th from 11AM to 5PM; Holiday Cheer at the Vineyard - December 2nd from 10AM to 5PM and December 3rd from 11AM to 5PM. Find more winery information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
- May 6th and 7th ~ 16th Annual Spring Art Tour. 10AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.earthartswi.org.
- North Folk Winery Events: Every Friday Night ~ Gourmet Pizza Night beginning at 5PM; May 18th ~ Lorna Lanvick Book Event from 6:30PM to 8:30PM. Music at the Winery from 5:30PM to 7:30PM: May 12th ~ Nancy Conger; May 19th ~ Strings 'n Things; May 26th ~ Julian Manzara; June 2nd~ Mark Grim; June 9th ~ Kitchen Patrol; June 16th ~ Steve and Doris Szydel; June 23rd ~ Dean Severson with Chris Laumb and Ross Vaughen; June 30th ~ Tim Cheesebrow. Find more information at www.northfolkwinery.com or call 651.674.7548.
- Performances at the Festival Theatre: **Due to theatre renovations performances are being held elsewhere** April 8th thru the 30th ~ The Real Inspector Hound; April 28th ~ Carrie Eklund with Danny Schmidt; June 17th thru August 8th ~ 1776; July 15th thru August 6th ~ Rumors; August 12th thru the 27th ~ The Children's Hour; October 7th thru the 29th ~ Death of a Salesman; November 25th thru December 24th ~ It's a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play. Find more information at www.festivaltheatre.org or call 715.483.3387.
- Franconia Sculpture Park Events: May 2nd to October 31st ~ Tour Program - Monday thru Friday 9AM to 5PM and free every Sunday at 2PM; April to November ~ Artists Making New Work; June to October ~ Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month - 6PM Dinner and 8PM Discussion; Music at Franconia: June 25th ~ Eelpout Strings + The Cactus Blossoms; July 16th ~ Tropical Zone Orchestra + Malaymana; August 27th ~ Mu Daiko + R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance + Jang-Mi Korean Dance and Drum; May 28th, June 11th, July 23rd, August 20th, September 10th ~ Kids Make Sculpture from 1PM to 4PM - $40 fee for ages 5-16; July 30th and 31st from 1PM to 4PM, August 3rd and 4th from 4PM to 8PM, August 6th from 10AM to 3PM ~ Hot Metal Mold-Making Workshop; September 17th ~ Art and Artists Celebration from 11AM to 6PM and music till 7PM. Find more information on all park events at www.franconia.org/event.html or call 651.257.6668.
- Wild Mountain Winery Events: Open Friday from 2PM to 6PM; Saturday Noon to 6PM; Sunday Noon to 6PM. Find more information at www.wildmountainwinery.com or call 651.583.3585.
- Chateau St. Croix Winery Events: April 22nd and 23rd ~ Spring into Wine Weekend; May 6th and 7th ~ Earth Art Spring Tour; May 27th and 28th ~ Barrel Tasting Weekend; June thru September ~ Saturday Music Series from 1PM to 4PM; June 24th ~ Spring Festival; July 1st and 2nd ~ Red, White and Sangria Weekend; July 22nd ~ Jazz Festival; September 9th and 10th ~ Grape Stomp Festival; September 23rd and 24th ~ Fall Harvest Festival; October 14th and 15th ~ Oktober Wine Festival; November 18th and 19th ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend; December 9th and 10th ~ Holiday Cheers. Find more information about Chateau events at www.chateaustcroix.com or call 715.483.2556.
- Dancing Dragonfly Winery Events: April 29th, May 20th, June 16th, July 7th, August 25th ~ Paint & Sip; April 21st - Swing ~ Dancing at the Winery; April 15th, May 13th, August 11th ~ Comedy Night; April 22nd ~ The Bazaar; June 17th and 18th ~ Dessert Pairing Weekend; June 23rd, July 21st ~ Night Out at the Winery; August 18th ~ Great Table Dinner; August 19th ~ Festival. Find information for all winery events at www.dancingdragonflywinery.com or call 715.483.9463.
- May 6th and 7th ~ 16th Annual Spring Art Tour. 10AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.earthartswi.org.
- Pleasant Valley Orchard Events: Closed for the season. Find more information at www.pleasantvalleyorchard.com or call 651.257.9159.
- June 9th thru 11th ~ Wannigan Days - in St. Croix Falls, WI and Taylors Falls, MN. Find more information at www.wannigans.com.
- Music on the Overlook in St. Croix Falls - June 2nd ~ Lesmeister Jazz Combo; June 9th ~ Garth Brooks Tribute; June 10th ~ Jorgenson Tagg and Rex Cactus; June 16th ~ BBQ and Blues Night with The Ride Band; June 23rd ~ Shakespeare Live; June 30th ~ Vegas' Frank Sinatra Tribute by Tim Patrick; July 7th ~ Tour of Europe Musical Legand Mark Stillman; July 14th ~ Annual Kids and Family Night - Movie Night and more; August 4th ~ Tribute to Elvis; August 11th ~ Black River Revue: Blue Grass; August 18th ~ Great Folk Music: Patchouli; August 25th ~ Rolling Stone: Tumblin Dice; September 3rd ~ Sunday noon: TBA; September 24th ~ Sunday noon: Eelpout Stringers. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy the view! Find more information at www.musicontheoverlook.com.
- August 26th ~ Ribfest Saturday - St. Croix Falls from 3PM to 10PM. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- October 7th ~ Autumn Fest - St. Croix Falls. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- November 24th to 26th ~ Taylors Falls Lighting Festival. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- December 2nd ~ St. Croix Falls Rivertown Holiday. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- Wild Mountain Ski Area is open for skiing and snowboarding. Check their schedule at www.wildmountain.com.
- Wild Mountain Summer Recreation Area ~ Enjoy their New FreeFall - a two story tower with two platforms at varying heights and a 50x50 Stuntman Air Bag at the bottom. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/summer-recreation/freefallxp
- April 20th, 21st and 22nd ~ Ladies Spring Fling three days of prizes, drawings and specials all over town with a Fashion Show on Friday evening at the St. Croix ArtBarn at 7PM. For more information visit www.facebook.com/events.
- April 30th ~ Let's Dance - a concert of favorite dance songs from 4PM to 5PM at the St. Croix ArtBarn. Find more information at www.stcroixartbarn.org or call 715.294.2787.
- May 6th and 7th ~ 16th Annual Spring Art Tour from 10AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.earthartswi.org.
- Osceola & St. Croix Valley Railway Events: May 14th ~ Mother's Day Brunch at 11AM and Mother's Day Dinner at 3PM; June 18th ~ Father's Day Brunch at 11AM and Father's Day Dinner at 3PM; July 3rd ~ Fireworks Express; September 30th thru October 15th ~ Leaf Viewing; October 20th to October 22nd ~ Pumpkin Express. Check out a detailed schedule at www.TransportationMuseum.org or call 715.755.3570.
- Friday and Saturday evenings ~ Five-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Experience at the St. Croix River Inn. Reservations required. Find more information at www.stcroixriverinn.com/menus.html or call 715.294.4248.
- Messy Mondays at Gullywubbles - main street Osceola. Classes are offered at 10AM and 1PM and are $10. Their shop is YOUR craft room. Find more information at www.facebook.com/gullywubbles.
- Music at Tippy's: Every Thursday night is Ladies Night with Savanna Hall. Find more information at www.tippycanoes.com or call 715.294.4777.
- Trollhaugen Events: Find more information at www.trollhaugen.com or call 715.755.2955.
- Trollhaugen Outdoor Recreation Area ~ Located near Dresser, WI - Enjoy their Aerial Challenge Course which offers 40+ towers with six zip lines and 112 elements. Newly added: Kids Challenge Course - a 13 element course, built for ages 3-8. Find more information at www.trollhaugen.com/aerial_adventure_park.php
- My Happy Place Boutique events: April 14th to 17th ~ Spring Fling - Thursday and Friday 10AM to 6PM, Saturday 9AM to 4PM, Sunday 11AM to 3PM. My Happy Place Boutique offers Furniture, Home Decor, Jewelry, Lifestyle Clothing and Gifts and is located on Main Street in Somerset, WI. Find more information at www.MyHappyPlace.boutique or call 715.247.4000.
- Every Tuesday night is Jameson Club Night at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Every Tuesday and Wednesday night ~ enjoy delicious Four Course Dinner Menus at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night in Charlie's Pub from 7:30PM to 11PM. April 14th and 15th ~ Northerly Gales; April 21st and 22nd ~ Broken Spoke; April 28th and 29th ~ Rocket Soul Choir; May 5th and 6th ~ Bedlam; May 7th ~ Joel Kachel. Find more information at www.charliesrestaurant.us or call 651.430.0907.
- May 7th ~ Enchanted Mommy and Me Tea Party at Water Street Inn from 1PM to 3PM. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- St. Croix Chocolate Co. Events located in Marine on the St. Croix: Pizza Nights offering wood fired pizzas every Friday from 5PM to 9PM and Saturdays from 2PM to 9PM. Find more information at www.stcroixchocolateco.com or call 651.433.1400.
- Culinary Outings at the Outing Lodge: April 22nd ~ Paris in the 20's Dinner; May 5th ~ Cinco de Mayo; June ~ Spring in Tuscany; July 22nd ~ Argentine Grill - Outdoor Dinner. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- Ongoing weekly event at Outing Lodge ~ Open Studio Wine and Art Event - the 2 hour open studio art session for two begins at 3PM and includes all materials, cheese sampler and a glass of house wine. Reservations are required. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- Happening at The Phipps Center for the Arts: April 28th thru May 7th ~ Rapunzel. For information and tickets visit www.thephipps.org or call 715.386.8409.
- Negret Wine Company Events - BOGO Wednesdays from 4PM to 7PM; Hudson Sips - Happy Hour every Thursday and Friday from 4:30PM to 6PM. Find more information at www.negretwinecompany.com or call 715.531.4004.
- Now to May 20th ~ The Marvelous Wonderettes performed at St. Croix Off Broadway. Find more information at www.stcroixoffbroadway.com or call 715.386.2394 x333.
- Ultimate Girls Night Out ~ April 20th, May 18th, June 15th, July 20th, August 17th, September 21st, October 19th, November 16th, December 21st. In downtown Afton from 5PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.exploreafton.com.
- Afton House Inn and Current Restaurant Events: April 16th ~ Easter Brunch at the Afton House Inn served from 9AM to 5PM; April 21st ~ Mediterranean Wine Dinner served from 6:30PM to 9PM; May 14th ~ Mother's Day Brunch served from 9AM to 5PM; June 18th ~ Father's Day Brunch served from 10AM to 3PM. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883 for reservations.
- Swirl Wine Bar Events: Every Tuesday Night ~ Date Night Special from 4PM to 9PM. Find more information at www.swirlmywine.com or call 651.436.2010 or 651.436.8883.
- Afton*Hudson Cruise Line Cruises: April 16th ~ Easter Brunch Cruise from Noon to 2PM; May 14th ~ Mother's Day Brunch Cruise - 11AM and 2:30PM sailings; June 18th ~ Father's Day Brunch Cruise at Noon; May 12th, May 19th, May 26th ~ Italian Dinner Cruise at 6:30PM; May 16th, May 17th, May 24th, May 30th ~ Fajita and Margarita Dinner Cruise at 6:15PM; May 21st, May 28th ~ Sunday Champagne Brunch Cruise at Noon. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883.
- June 24th and June 25th ~ Strawberry Festival - Saturday from 10AM to 5PM and Sunday from 11AM to 4PM.