Local Chambers and City Web Sites
In planning your next getaway, consider the St. Croix River Valley bordering Wisconsin and Minnesota. Check the attractions and events of the area and find an activity relevant to your interests or those of your family. Schedule travel to one of the cities or towns located in the scenic valley of either MN or WI for a memorable vacation experience spent at one of our Member Inns.
Hudson - Wisconsin
Osceola - Wisconsin
Polk County - Wisconsin
Afton - Minnesota
Center City - Minnesota
Stillwater - Minnesota
St Croix Valley Info
Center City, MN
Taylors Falls MN/St. Croix Falls WI
- Picket Fence Gals: November 4th to November 8th; December 2nd to December 6th ~ 25 creative vendors come together once a month for 5 days to showcase and sell their unique treasures. Times: Wednesday 3PM to 7PM; Thursday to Saturday 9AM to 6PM; Sunday 11AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.picketfencegals.com or call 651.334.1444.
- Winehaven Winery Events: November 21st and 22nd ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend. Find more winery information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
- Performances at the Festival Theatre: November 14th and 15th ~ Ole and Lena's Family Christmas at 2PM each day; November 28th to December 27th ~ A Christmas Carol. Find more information at www.festivaltheatre.org or call 715.483.3387.
- **Happenings at the Theatre**: Find more information about theatre happenings at www.festivaltheatre.org or call 715.483.3387.
- Franconia Sculpture Park: Now thru November 8th ~ Guided Tours offered to learn about the techniques, processes and resources involved in creating sculpture; Now thru November ~ Artists Making New York - take a peek at the sculpture while it's being created and meet the artists-in-residence. Find more information on all park events at www.franconia.org/event.html or call 651.257.6668.
- November 27th to November 29th ~ Taylors Falls Lighting Festival. Find more information at www.lightingfestival.com or call 715.483.3580.
- Wild Mountain Winery Events: November 13th, 14th and 15th ~ Veterans Day Weekend - free wine tasting for vets. Find more information at www.wildmountainwinery.com or call 651.583.3585.
- Chateau St. Croix Winery Events: November 21st and 22nd ~ Chocolate and Cheese Weekend from 12PM to 5PM; with live music from 1PM to 4PM. Find more information about Chateau events at www.chateaustcroix.com or call 715.483.2556.
- Dancing Dragonfly Winery Events: November 7th ~ Owners Dinner: An Evening in Tuscany from 6PM to 8:30PM; November 27th ~ Comedy Night - an evening of comic relief with Jon Wilson from 6PM to 9PM; December 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th ~ Holiday Boutique from 11AM to 5PM; December 31st ~ New Years Eve Dinner from 6PM to 9PM - catered by Lake Elmo Inn with live music by harpist Laurie Leigh. Dancing at the Winery: November 20th ~ Waltz. Find information for all winery events at www.dancingdragonflywinery.com or call 715.483.9463.
- Pleasant Valley Orchard Events: November Barn Sale from 10AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.pleasantvalleyorchard.com or call 651.257.9159.
- 136 Vintage - your destination for antiques, art, collectibles, painted and refurbished furniture is NOW OPEN in downtown St. Croix Falls. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10AM to 5PM. For more information call 715.483.0030.
- Wild Mountain Ski Area is open for skiing and snowboarding. Check their schedule at www.wildmountain.com.
- Wild Mountain Summer Recreation Area ~ Enjoy their New FreeFall - a two story tower with two platforms at varying heights and a 50x50 Stuntman Air Bag at the bottom. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/summer-recreation/freefallxp
- Friday and Saturday evenings ~ at 6PM Chef Ben and Chef Andrew serve up a Five-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Experience at the St. Croix River Inn. Reservations required. Find more information at www.stcroixriverinn.com/menus.html or call 715.294.4248.
- Rivertown Artworks ~ is now open in Osceola and features: potters - Rustic Road Pottery and The Potters Shed; art, cards, Neumann Farm Gift Baskets, products from Thymes, Wire and Whimsy and much, much more. Classes are now being offered: Watercolor $45; Doodle Drawing $29 includes supplies; Paint Your Own Pottery $20-$50 depending on the piece you choose; Glass Fusing $30. Find more information at www.facebook.com/pages/RiverTown-Artworks/715122955235670 or contact Beth at 715.529.1126.
- November 8th ~ Bridal and Business Bazaar - from Noon to 4PM at Trollhaugen Ski Area Convention Center. Find more information at www.trollhaugen.com or call 715.755.2955.
- November 20th and 21st ~ Doe on the Go - while the guys are hunting ladies can enjoy two days of specials and fun for shopping and dining around Osceola. Find more information at www.myosceolachamber.org.
- November 28th ~ Shop Small Osceola - Shop local for the Holiday Season.
- December 5th ~ Light Up Osceola - A Traditional Holiday Lighting Ceremony held at Mill Pond Park at 6PM.
- Trollhaugen Outdoor Recreation Area ~ Located near Dresser, WI - Enjoy their newest Aerial Challenge Course which offers 40+ towers with six zip lines and 112 elements. Find more information atwww.trollhaugen.com/aerial_adventure_park.php
- Every Tuesday night is Jameson Club Night at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Every Wednesday night ~ enjoy delicious Four Course Dinner Menus at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night in Charlie's Pub from 7:30PM to 11PM. November 6th and 7th ~ Bedlam; November 13th and 14th ~ Tom Dahill; November 20th and 21st ~ Lojo Russo; November 27th and 28th ~ Broken Spoke; December 4th and 5th ~ Hounds of Finn; December 11th and 12th ~ Bedlam. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Ongoing weekly event at Outing Lodge ~ Open Studio Wine and Art Event - the 2 hour open studio art session for two begins at 3PM and includes all materials, cheese sampler and a glass of house wine. Reservations are required. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- November 22nd and 23rd ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend at Northern Vineyards from Noon to 5PM. Cost is $5/person. Find more information at www.northernvineyards.com or call 651.430.1032.
- November 26th ~ Thanksgiving Day Buffet served from 11AM to 4PM at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Happening at The Phipps Center for the Arts: For information and tickets visit www.thephipps.org or call 715.386.8409.
- Ultimate Girls Night Out ~ November 19th; December 17th from 5-8PM. Find more information at www.facebook.com/ultimategirlsnightout.com
- November 20th ~ French Wine Dinner with Chef Ryan and owner Dave Jarvis. 6:30PM reception; 7PM dinner. For reservations call 651.436.8883.
- November 26th ~ Thanksgiving Buffet or Turkey To Go Packages - Buffet served from 11AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883.
- December 18th ~ Annual Holiday Wine Dinner. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883.
- January 15, 2016 ~ Italian Wine Dinner. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883.