Local Chambers and City Web Sites
In planning your next getaway, consider the St. Croix River Valley bordering Wisconsin and Minnesota. Check the attractions and events of the area and find an activity relevant to your interests or those of your family. Schedule travel to one of the cities or towns located in the scenic valley of either MN or WI for a memorable vacation experience spent at one of our Member Inns.
Hudson - Wisconsin
Osceola - Wisconsin
Pierce County - Wisconsin
Polk County - Wisconsin
Afton - Minnesota
Center City - Minnesota
Hastings - Minnesota
Stillwater - Minnesota
St Croix Valley Info
Center City / Chisago Lakes Area
- May 10th thru May 12th ~ 21st Annual Pottery Studio Tour and Sale - features Minnesota Potters of the Upper St. Croix River. Held May 10th from 9AM to 6PM; May 11th from 10AM to 6PM and May 12th from 10AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.minnesotapotters.com
- Picket Fence Gals Sale - 25 creative vendors come together once a month for 5 days to showcase and sell their unique treasures. Find more information at www.picketfencegals.com May 15th thru May 19th; June 19th thru June 23rd; July 17th thru July 21st; August 7th thru August 11th
- May 25th and 26th ~ Winehaven's Tap the Barrel Weekend - To mark the beginning of another season join in for a very special winemaker's barrel tasting weekend on May 25th from 10AM to 3PM and May 26th from 11AM to 5PM. At 11AM and 1PM both days enjoy a special springtime vineyard tour. Find more information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
- Fridays beginnning June 14th ~ Chisago Lakes Farmers market from 2PM to 6:30PM. Find more information at www.chisagolakeschamber.com
- July 11th thru July 14th ~ Karl Oskar Days - find more information at www.chisagolakeschamber.com
- July 13th and 14th ~ Winehavens 15th Annual Raspberries and Wine Festival - from 10AM to 5PM each day. Find more information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
Taylors Falls/St. Croix Falls
- Music performances ~ May 11th ~ Lorie Line - pianist @ 7:30PM; September 21st ~ Monroe Crossing; October 19th ~ Claudia Schmidt and Dean Magraw; November 2nd ~ Sirens of the 60s
- Theatre Performances ~ Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7:30PM; Thursday and Sunday matinees at 2PM ~ June 20th thru August 18th - Crazy For You; July 6th thru August 25th - The Foreigner; July 20th thru August 8th - A Midsummer Night Dream; August 10th thru September 8th - This Untoward Generation
- Special Events ~ May 4th ~ Kentucky Derby Party - held at Paradise Landing Restaurant; June 15th - Around the World and Then Some
- May 12th ~ Mother's Day Brunch and Dinner Cruises - Brunch cruises 11AM to 1PM or 2PM to 4PM or Dinner cruise 5PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/speciality-cruises or call 651.465.6315.
- Friday and Saturday evenings ~ at 6PM Chef Ben and Chef Andrew serve up a Five-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Experience at the St. Croix River Inn. Reservations required. Find more information at www.stcroixriverinn.com/menus.html or call 715.294.4248.
- May 4th ~ Osceola & St. Croix Valley Railway season begins and continues through October 27th - find more information about their schedules and special excursions at www.trainride.org or call 715.755.3570.
- May 12th ~ Mother's Day Brunch Train - Experience railroad dining as it was in the 1950s. Take a relaxing 1.5 hour scenic ride through the St. Croix River Valley aboard Great Northern dining cars. Lunch train departs at 11AM and the dinner train departs at 3PM. Reservations are required. Find more information at www.trainride.org or call 715.755.3570.
- June 7th and 8th ~ Osceola Rhubarb Days - held at Mill Pond Park, 1st Ave. just north of the Dairy Queen on Friday, June 7th from 2PM to 9PM and Saturday, June 8th from 9AM to 9PM with the Duckathlon to be held at 4PM. Find more information at www.rhubarbdays.com or call Kyle at 317.965.3578 for Duckathlon information.
- Music in the Park ~ join us again on Thursday nights beginning at 6PM. Bring your lawn chair and/or blanket and enjoy top quality musical acts. July 11th ~ Jam Night (bring your own instruments and have fun on center stage); July 18th ~ Horseshoes and Handgrenades; July 25th ~ Peter Neuman and the Real Deal - also it's Classic Car Night and Steak Fry; August 1st ~ The Ricks; August 8th ~ Kevin Carlson Band
- Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday ~ enjoy delicious Four Course Dinner Menus at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night in Charlie's Pub from 7:30PM to 11:30PM. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000. May 3rd and 4th ~ Irish music featuring Bedlam; May 10th and 11th ~ Irish music featuring Hounds of Finn; May 17th and 18th ~ Irish music featuring Paul and Lorraine
- May 2nd ~ Ladies Night Out - from 5PM to 8:30PM enjoy May Day on Main Street the theme for our special Ladies Night. Boutique shopping, appetizers and more. The evening includes a costume contest so dress in your May Day bonnet. Free swag bags for the first 50 registrants. Find more information at www.facebook.com/StillwaterLadiesNight Out
- May 10th thru May 12th ~ 21st Annual Potters Tour - Stillwater area - from 10AM to 6PM each day self-drive during this seven pottery studio art event. Find more information at www.minnesotapotters.com
- May 11th ~ New Dawn Fashion Show - held at the Lake Elmo Event Center from 11AM to 1PM. Find more information at www.valleyoutreachmn.org
- May 12th ~ Mother's Day Brunch Buffet - served from 9AM to 4PM at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- May 18th from 10AM to 5PM and May 19th from 10AM to 4PM ~ Rivertown Art Festival - with close to 150 artists this art festival has been happening in the St. Croix Valley for many years. Find more information at www.stillwaterrivertownartfestival.com
- Happening at The Phipps Center for the Arts ~ For information and tickets visit www.thephipps.org or call 715.386.2305 May 2nd to the 5th ~ Children's Theater presents - Adventures of a Comic Book Artist
- May 3rd ~ Cinco de Mayo Dinner Cruise - Beer Tasting and Live Band - Enjoy a Mexican Dinner Buffet and live music featuring "Latin Fusion" aboard the Grand Duchess. Boarding at 6PM. Find more information at www.stcroixrivercruises.com or call 651.436.8883.
- May 11th ~ Pamper Mom Before the Rush with a Saturday Lunch Cruise from Noon to 2PM. For more information call 651.436.8883 or visit www.stcroixrivercruises.com
- May 12th ~ Mother's Day Brunch - served from 9AM to 5PM at the Afton House Inn. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883. Mother's Day Champagne Brunch Cruises ~ Choose either the 11AM to 1PM or the 2:30PM to 4:30PM cruise. Find more information at www.stcroixrivercruises.com or call 651.436.8883.
- May 16th ~ Ultimate Girls Night Out - in Afton from 5PM to 8PM. Free goody bags for the first 30 women! Other free items and discounts at participating locations. For more information call 651.436.8883.
- St. Croix River Cruises ~ find more information on the cruises at www.stcroixrivercruises.com or call 651.436.8883. May 10th and 11th ~ Funny Mothers Comedy Cruise from 7:30PM to 10PM; May 17th ~ Friday Night Dinner Cruise on the St. Croix River from 7PM to 9:30PM; May 19th ~ Sunday Champagne Brunch Cruise from 12PM to 2PM; May 24th and 25th ~ Laff Boat Comedy Dinner Cruises from 7PM to 9:30PM; May 26th ~ Sunday Champagne Brunch Cruise from 12PM to 2PM; May 31st ~ Friday Night Dinner Cruise on the St. Croix from 7PM to 9:30PM
- May 5th ~ Author's Sunday at the LeDuc Historic Estate - from 1PM to 3PM local author Susan Amundson who will discuss her writing crafts, what motivates her to write, read passages from her book, sign and sell books. This event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be served. LeDuc Historic Estate - 1629 Vermillion Street, Hastings. Find more information at www.dakotahistory.org or call 651.437.7055 to register.
- May 12th ~ Mother's Day at Alexis Bailly Vineyard and Winery - Free wine tasting for all Moms from 11AM to 5:30PM. This year the impeccable Pavel Jany virtuoso guitar player with "Guitar Music from around the Globe" will entertain all of the Moms. Find more information at www.abvwines.com
- May 19th ~ Wine and Wags at Alexis Bailly Vineyard and Winery - from 11AM to 5:30PM your host Toumie, The Winery Dog, willl welcome you and your four-legged companion. Terri Ann the "Dog Whisperer" will be on hand to help you communicate with your animal! Terri Ann has separate fees for her services. Find more information at www.abvwines.com
- May 19th ~ Carpenter Nature Center Apple Blossom Races - include 2K, 5K, 10K and 12K. The 12K includes trails that pass along the apple orchards that will hopefully be blossoming! All start at 8AM at the St. Croix Regional Park, 3 miles north of the Nature Center on County Road 21. The 2K fun run will start at the Nature Center at 11AM. Registration area will be located in the Nature Center's parking lot. All parking is at the Nature Center with rides furnished to the start area. Visit www.carpenternaturecenter.org for more information or to register.
- June 1st ~ First Cruise-In of the Season - downtown Hastings. Every other Saturday for the summer. From 5PM to 9PM Main Street is lined with pre-1970 cars. Enjoy street food, street music and vintage motorcycles too.