Local Chambers and City Web Sites
In planning your next getaway, consider the St. Croix River Valley bordering Wisconsin and Minnesota. Check the attractions and events of the area and find an activity relevant to your interests or those of your family. Schedule travel to one of the cities or towns located in the scenic valley of either MN or WI for a memorable vacation experience spent at one of our Member Inns.
Polk County Information
River Falls Chamber
Afton Area Business Association
St. Croix Valley Information
Center City, MN
Taylors Falls MN/St. Croix Falls WI
- Picket Fence Gals: October 5th to 9th, November 2nd to 6th, December 7th to 11th ~ 25 creative vendors come together once a month for 5 days to showcase and sell their unique treasures. Times: Wednesday 3PM to 7PM; Thursday to Saturday 9AM to 6PM; Sunday 11AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.picketfencegals.net or call 651.334.1444.
- Winehaven Winery Events: October 22nd and 23rd ~ Federweisser and Roter Rauscher Festival; November 19th and 20th ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend; December 3rd and 4th ~ Holiday Cheer at the Vineyard. Find more winery information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
- North Folk Winery Tasting Room is open with regular hours and Gourmet Pizza Night every Friday Night from 5PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.northfolkwinery.com or call 651.674.7548.
- Performances at the Festival Theatre: **Due to theatre renovations performances are being held elsewhere** October 22nd, November 26th, December 24th ~ The Spirit of the Drum with Don Karsky; Now to October 23rd ~ My Name is Rumpelstiltskin. Find more information at www.festivaltheatre.org or call 715.483.3387.
- Franconia Sculpture Park Events: Now - November ~ Guided Tours and Artists Making New York; Sundays to October 29th ~ Free Weekly Tours at 2PM; Now - October ~ Franconia Artist Talks - 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month (6PM dinner 8PM discussion). Find more information on all park events at www.franconia.org/event.html or call 651.257.6668.
- Wild Mountain Winery Events: Find more information at www.wildmountainwinery.com or call 651.583.3585.
- Taylors Falls Specialty Cruises: Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/specialtycruises or call 651.465.6365.
- Chateau St. Croix Winery Events: October 15th and 16th ~ Oktober Wine Festival; November 19th and 20th ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend; December 10th and 11th ~ Holiday Cheers Weekend. Find more information about Chateau events at www.chateaustcroix.com or call 715.483.2556.
- Dancing Dragonfly Winery Events: ACOUSTIC SUNDAYS from 1PM to 4PM: October 9th and 16th ~ Dave Cofell; October 23rd ~ Tim Fast; October 30th ~ Cole Thomas; November 6th ~ Vinnie Rose; November 13th ~ Dave Cofell; November 20th ~ Tim Cheesebrow; November 27th ~ Tim Fast. Dancing at the Dragonfly: October 21st ~ Cha Cha; November 18th ~ Swing; December 16th ~ Waltz. Find information for all winery events at www.dancingdragonflywinery.com or call 715.483.9463.
- Pleasant Valley Orchard Events: Weekends thru October ~ Hayrides from 11AM to 5PM; October 1st, 8th and 15th ~ Music in the afternoon featuring classic, blue grass, old-time, gospel and country; Thru the end of October ~ Hayrides to the Pumpkin Patch; October 1st ~ Brat Feed and Old Fashioned Pie Social; October 20th to the 31st ~ 12 Days of Halloween. Open daily 10AM to 6PM. Find more information at www.pleasantvalleyorchard.com or call 651.257.9159.
- Wild Mountain Ski Area is open for skiing and snowboarding. Check their schedule at www.wildmountain.com.
- Wild Mountain Summer Recreation Area ~ Enjoy their New FreeFall - a two story tower with two platforms at varying heights and a 50x50 Stuntman Air Bag at the bottom. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/summer-recreation/freefallxp
- Friday and Saturday evenings ~ Five-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Experience at the St. Croix River Inn. Reservations required. Find more information at www.stcroixriverinn.com/menus.html or call 715.294.4248.
- Osceola and St. Croix Valley Train Rides: Fall Colors Train ~ October 8th, 9th, 15th and 16th; Pumpkin Train ~ October 21st, 22nd and 23rd. Find more information at www.trainride.org or call the depot at 715.755.3570.
- St. Croix ArtBarn Events: October 1st and 2nd ~ Mother May I Please Stop Knitting?; October 2nd ~ Fiber Fest 2016 - vendors presenting goods and demonstrations from 9AM to 3PM. Find more information at www.stcroixartbarn.com or call 715.294.2787.
- November 18th and 19th ~ Doe on the Go - Find more information at www.facebook.com/doeonthego/?fref=ts.
- December 3rd ~ Light UP Osceola. More information to follow.
- Trollhaugen Outdoor Recreation Area ~ Located near Dresser, WI - Enjoy their Aerial Challenge Course which offers 40+ towers with six zip lines and 112 elements. Newly added: Kids Challenge Course - a 13 element course, built for ages 3-8. Find more information at www.trollhaugen.com/aerial_adventure_park.php
- Every Tuesday night is Jameson Club Night at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Every Wednesday night ~ enjoy delicious Four Course Dinner Menus at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night in Charlie's Pub from 7:30PM to 11PM. October 7th and 8th ~ Lojo Russo; October 14th and 15th ~ Broken Spoke. Find more information at www.charliesrestaurant.us or call 651.430.0907.
- October 8th and 9th ~ Harvest Fest held in Lowell Park. Chili cook-off, Microbrew tastings, Giant pumpkin weigh-off and much more. Find more information at www.harvestfeststillwater.com.
- Culinary Outings at the Outing Lodge: October 22nd ~ Boeuf Bourguigon Dinner; November 19th ~ Babette's Feast; December 17th ~ Downtown Abbey Dinner and Sleigh Rides. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- Ongoing weekly event at Outing Lodge ~ Open Studio Wine and Art Event - the 2 hour open studio art session for two begins at 3PM and includes all materials, cheese sampler and a glass of house wine. Reservations are required. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- Happening at The Phipps Center for the Arts: For information and tickets visit www.thephipps.org or call 715.386.8409.
- Negret Wine Company Events - BOGO Wednesdays from 4PM to 7PM; Hudson Sips - Happy Hour every Thursday and Friday from 4:30PM to 6PM. Tertulia Thursdays ~ October 13th - a night of conversational Spanish, from 6PM to 7:30PM, hosted by Debra Anderson. Find more information at www.negretwinecompany.com or call 715.531.4004.
- Now to October 29th ~ That Lovin' Feeling; December 2nd to January 7, 2017 ~ A Nice Family Christmas performed at St. Croix Off Broadway. Find more information at www.stcroixoffbroadway.com or call 715.386.2394 x333.
- Afton Cruise Lines Specialty Cruises: October 7th, 14th and 21st ~ Italian Dinner Cruise; October 9th, 16th and 23rd ~ Sunday Champagne Brunch Cruise; October 5th, 11th, 12th and 19th ~ Fajitas and Margaritas Cruise; October 8th and 15th ~ Saturday Fall Color Cruise; October 2nd, 9th and 16th ~ Sunday Fall Color Cruise; October 4th and 11th ~ Treasure Island Casino Cruise; October 22nd ~ Oktoberfest Beer Tasting Cruise - Dinner, Live Music and Hammerschlagen. Find more information at www.stcroixrivercruises.com or call 651.436.8883.
- Ultimate Girls Night Out ~ October 20th, November 17th and December 15th. In downtown Afton from 5PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.exploreafton.com.