Local Chambers and City Web Sites
In planning your next getaway, consider the St. Croix River Valley bordering Wisconsin and Minnesota. Check the attractions and events of the area and find an activity relevant to your interests or those of your family. Schedule travel to one of the cities or towns located in the scenic valley of either MN or WI for a memorable vacation experience spent at one of our Member Inns.
Polk County Information
River Falls Chamber
Afton Area Business Association
St. Croix Valley Information
Center City, MN
Taylors Falls MN/St. Croix Falls WI
- Picket Fence Gals: June 7th thru 11th; July 12th thru 16th; August 9th thru 13th; September 6th thru 10th; October 4th thru 8th; November 1st thru 5th; December 6th thru 10th ~ 25 creative vendors come together once a month for 5 days to showcase and sell their unique treasures. Times: Wednesday 3PM to 7PM; Thursday to Saturday 9AM to 6PM; Sunday 11AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.picketfencegals.net or call 651.334.1444.
- Winehaven Winery Events: Wine and Chocolate Dinner Cruise - July 8th, July 29th, August 19th, September 2nd; Wine and Cheese Dinner Cruise - June 17th, July 15th, August 5th; 21st Annual Raspberry and Wine Festival - June 24th from 10AM to 5PM and June 25th from 11AM to 5PM; 21st Annual Rhubarb Frenzy - July 22nd from 10AM to 5PM and July 23rd from 11AM to 5PM; Federweisser and Roter Rauscher Festival - October 28th from 10AM to 5PM and October 29th from 11AM to 5PM; Cheese and Chocolate Weekend at Winehaven - November 18th from 10AM to 5PM and November 19th from 11AM to 5PM; Holiday Cheer at the Vineyard - December 2nd from 10AM to 5PM and December 3rd from 11AM to 5PM. Find more winery information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
- North Folk Winery Events: Every Friday Night ~ Gourmet Pizza Night beginning at 5PM; Music at the Winery from 5:30PM to 7:30PM: June 2nd ~ Mark Grim; June 9th ~ Kitchen Patrol; June 16th ~ Steve and Doris Szydel; June 23rd ~ Dean Severson with Chris Laumb and Ross Vaughen; June 30th ~ Tim Cheesebrow; July 7th ~ Tim Fast; July 14th ~ Dusty Heart; July 22nd ~ The Dead Pigeons; July 28th ~ Andrew Spreck. Find more information at www.northfolkwinery.com or call 651.674.7548.
- Performances at the Festival Theatre: **Due to theatre renovations performances are being held at Franklin Square Black Box** June 17th thru August 8th ~ 1776; July 15th thru August 6th ~ Rumors; August 12th thru the 27th ~ The Children's Hour; October 7th thru the 29th ~ Death of a Salesman; November 25th thru December 24th ~ It's a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play. Find more information at www.festivaltheatre.org or call 715.483.3387.
- Taylors Falls Scenic Boat Cruises: June 10th ~ Dinner Cruise from 7PM to 10PM; August 25th ~ Paint and Sip Cruise from 6:30PM to 8:30PM featuring Winehaven Wines; July 8th, July 29th, August 19th, September 2nd ~ Wine and Chocolate Dinner from 6:30PM to 9:30PM featuring Winehaven Wines; June 16th and September 15th ~ Elvis Cruise from 7PM to 9PM; June 16th ~ Mexican Fiesta Cruise from 7PM to 9PM; June 17th, July 15th, August 5th ~ Wine and Cheese Dinner Cruise from 7PM to 10PM featuring Winehaven Wines; June 18th ~ Father's Day Brunch Cruise from 10:30AM to 12:30PM; September 17th ~ Fall Sunday Brunch Cruise from 10:30AM to 12:30PM. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/specialty-cruises or call 651.465.6365.
- Franconia Sculpture Park Events: Now to October 31st ~ Tour Program - Monday thru Friday 9AM to 5PM and free every Sunday at 2PM; Now to November ~ Artists Making New Work; June to October ~ Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month - 6PM Dinner and 8PM Discussion; Music at Franconia: June 25th ~ Eelpout Strings + The Cactus Blossoms; July 16th ~ Tropical Zone Orchestra + Malaymana; August 27th ~ Mu Daiko + R.G.K. Modern Indian Dance + Jang-Mi Korean Dance and Drum; June 11th, July 23rd, August 20th, September 10th ~ Kids Make Sculpture from 1PM to 4PM - $40 fee for ages 5-16; July 30th and 31st from 1PM to 4PM, August 3rd and 4th from 4PM to 8PM, August 6th from 10AM to 3PM ~ Hot Metal Mold-Making Workshop; September 17th ~ Art and Artists Celebration from 11AM to 6PM and music till 7PM. Find more information on all park events at www.franconia.org/event.html or call 651.257.6668.
- Wild Mountain Winery Events: Open Friday from 2PM to 6PM; Saturday Noon to 6PM; Sunday Noon to 6PM. Music at the Winery from 3PM to 6PM: June 17th ~ Dave Hudson; June 24th ~ Hanson and Hoyt; July 1st ~ St. Croix Crossings; July 8th ~ Skipping Stones - Elsa and Russell; July 15th ~ King Wilkies Dream; July 22nd ~ Rick and Kenny Duo; July 29th ~ Scrapegoat - Skin and Bones Trio. Find more information at www.wildmountainwinery.com or call 651.583.3585.
- Chateau St. Croix Winery Events: June thru September ~ Saturday Music Series from 1PM to 4PM - June 10th ~ JazzFly; June 17th ~ Mike Salovick and Worldbeat; June 24th ~ Randy and Sandy Duo from 11:30AM to 2PM and Croix Daddy from 3PM to 6PM; June 25th ~ Craig Draxten Duo from Noon to 2PM and Studebakers from 2:30PM to 5:30PM; July 1st ~ Funktion Junction; July 2nd ~ Rich Rue and Nikki Matteson; July 8th ~ Zach Harris Jazz Duo; July 15th ~ Paul Mayasich and the RAMM Band; July 22nd ~ Chateau Jazz Festival music TBA; July 29th ~ Harrison Street Band; Flowering of the Vines Festival ~ June 24th and 25th; Red, White and Sangria Weekend ~ July 1st and 2nd; Jazz Festival ~ July 22nd; Grape Stomp Festival ~ September 9th and 10th; Fall Harvest Festival ~ September 23rd and 24th; Oktober Wine Festival ~ October 14th and 15th; Wine-O-Ween ~ October 28th and 29th; Cheese and Chocolate Weekend ~ November 18th and 19th; Holiday Cheers ~ December 9th and 10th, 16th and 17th, 23rd. Find more information about Chateau events at www.chateaustcroix.com or call 715.483.2556.
- Dancing Dragonfly Winery Events: Friday Getaways: Every Friday night now thru Labor Day Weekend from 4PM to 7PM. Acoustic Sundays: June 11th ~ Dan Israel; June 18th ~ Billy Johnson; June 25th ~ Linda Peterson; July 2nd ~ Tim Fast; July 9th ~ Cole Thomas; July 16th ~ Matthew Lipschultz; July 23rd ~ Linda Peterson; July 30th ~ Tim Cheesebrow; Paint & Sip ~ June 16th, July 7th, August 25th, September 8th, October 28th, November 11th, December 17th; Plant & Sip ~ June 23rd, July 21st; Comedy Night ~ August 11th, November 24th; Dessert Pairing Weekend ~ June 17th and 18th; Night Out at the Winery ~ June 23rd, July 21st, September 22nd; Dinner and Comedy ~ July 1st featuring Jason Schommer, December 31st; Jazz Concert ~ July 15th featuring The Gypsy Mania Quartet from 7PM to 8:30PM; Great Table Dinner ~ August 18th; Cheese and Wine Festival ~ August 19th; Food and Wine Festival ~ September 16th and 17th; Dancing at the Dragonfly ~ September 21st, October 19th, November 16th; David Roth Concert ~ October 14th; Food Pairing Weekend ~ November 18th and 19th; Holiday Boutique ~ December 2nd, 9th, 12th, 16th. Find information for all winery events at www.dancingdragonflywinery.com or call 715.483.9463.
- Pleasant Valley Orchard Events: The orchard hopes to open mid-June. Find more information at www.pleasantvalleyorchard.com or call 651.257.9159.
- June 9th thru 11th ~ Wannigan Days - in St. Croix Falls, WI and Taylors Falls, MN. Find more information at www.wannigans.com.
- Music on the Overlook in St. Croix Falls - June 9th ~ Garth Brooks Tribute; June 10th ~ Jorgenson Tagg and Rex Cactus; June 16th ~ BBQ and Blues Night with The Ride Band; June 23rd ~ Shakespeare Live; June 30th ~ Vegas' Frank Sinatra Tribute by Tim Patrick; July 7th ~ Tour of Europe Musical Legand Mark Stillman; July 14th ~ Annual Kids and Family Night - Movie Night and more; August 4th ~ Tribute to Elvis; August 11th ~ Black River Revue: Blue Grass; August 18th ~ Great Folk Music: Patchouli; August 25th ~ Rolling Stone: Tumblin Dice; September 3rd ~ Sunday noon: TBA; September 24th ~ Sunday noon: Eelpout Stringers. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy the view! Find more information at www.musicontheoverlook.com.
- August 26th ~ Ribfest Saturday - St. Croix Falls from 3PM to 10PM. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- October 7th ~ Autumn Fest - St. Croix Falls. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- November 24th to 26th ~ Taylors Falls Lighting Festival. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- December 2nd ~ St. Croix Falls Rivertown Holiday. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- Wild Mountain Ski Area is open for skiing and snowboarding. Check their schedule at www.wildmountain.com.
- Wild Mountain Summer Recreation Area ~ Enjoy their New FreeFall - a two story tower with two platforms at varying heights and a 50x50 Stuntman Air Bag at the bottom. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/summer-recreation/freefallxp
- Osceola & St. Croix Valley Railway Events: June 18th ~ Father's Day Brunch at 11AM and Father's Day Dinner at 3PM; July 3rd ~ Fireworks Express; September 30th thru October 15th ~ Leaf Viewing; October 20th to October 22nd ~ Pumpkin Express. Check out a detailed schedule at www.TransportationMuseum.org or call 715.755.3570.
- St. Croix ArtBarn Events: July 20th thru July 30th ~ Seussical - The Musical; August 26th ~ Holy Hootenanners; October 6th thru October 14th ~ The Diary of Anne Frank; October 28th ~ The High 48s Bluegrass Band. Find more information at www.stcroixartbarn.org.
- June 8th thru June 11th ~ Pea Soup Days Annual Celebration in Somerset, WI. Find more event information at www.peasoupdays.com.
- July 21st, 22nd and 23rd ~ Rivers, Rails and Trails Days - A three day celebration celebrating major historic milestones in Osceola. Visit www.facebook.com/Osceola.Historical.Society for a list of events.
- August 19th ~ Valley Brew Fest at PYs Saloon and Grill from 2PM till close. Find more information at www.facebook.com/pys.saloonandgrill or call 715.294.3314.
- One evening each month ~ Five-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Experience at the St. Croix River Inn. Reservations required. Visit their web site www.stcroixriverinn.com/menus.html for details or call 715.294.4248.
- Messy Mondays at Gullywubbles - main street Osceola. Classes are offered at 10AM and 1PM and are $10. Their shop is YOUR craft room. Find more information at www.facebook.com/gullywubbles.
- Music at Tippy's: Every Thursday night is Ladies Night with Savanna Hall. Find more information at www.tippycanoes.com or call 715.294.4777.
- Trollhaugen Events: Find more information at www.trollhaugen.com or call 715.755.2955.
- Trollhaugen Outdoor Recreation Area ~ Located near Dresser, WI - Enjoy their Aerial Challenge Course which offers 40+ towers with six zip lines and 112 elements. Newly added: Kids Challenge Course - a 13 element course, built for ages 3-8. Find more information at www.trollhaugen.com/aerial_adventure_park.php
- My Happy Place Boutique events: My Happy Place Boutique offers Furniture, Home Decor, Jewelry, Lifestyle Clothing and Gifts and is located on Main Street in Somerset, WI. Find more information at www.MyHappyPlace.boutique or call 715.247.4000.
- Every Tuesday night is Jameson Club Night at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Every Tuesday and Wednesday night ~ enjoy delicious Four Course Dinner Menus at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night in Charlie's Pub from 7:30PM to 11PM and Summer - weather permitting on the patio from 1PM to 5PM: June 9th and 10th ~ Tom Dahill; June 11th ~ Sun Dragons; June 16th and 17th ~ Broken Spoke; June 18th ~ The Switched at Birth Band; June 23rd, 24th and 25th ~ Legacy. Find more information at www.charliesrestaurant.us or call 651.430.0907.
- June 15th and every 3rd Thursday ~ Dueling Pianos at the Water Street Inn. For tickets visit www.WaterStreetInn.Eventbrite.com or call the front desk at 651.439.6000.
- June 18th ~ Father's Day Brunch served from 10AM to 4PM at the Water Street Inn. Call 651.439.6000 for more information.
- Summer Tuesdays in Lowell Park downtown Stillwater beginning at 5PM: July 11th ~ Lego Batman; July 18th ~ Princess Bride; July 25th ~ Moana; August 1st ~ Trolls; August 8th ~ Finding Dory; August 17th ~ Sing; August 22nd ~ The Sandlot. Find more information at www.SummerTuesdays.com or call 651.439.4001.
- St. Croix Chocolate Co. Events located in Marine on the St. Croix: Pizza Nights offering wood fired pizzas every Friday from 5PM to 9PM and Saturdays from 2PM to 9PM. Find more information at www.stcroixchocolateco.com or call 651.433.1400.
- Culinary Outings at the Outing Lodge: July 22nd ~ Argentine Grill - Outdoor Dinner. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- Happening at The Phipps Center for the Arts: June 10th ~ Dave Wickerham at 7:30PM; June 16th ~ Colleen Raye and Sophie Grimm perform The Best is Yet to Come at 7:30PM; June 24th ~ You've Got Nerve Talent Show at 2PM; July 14th thru July 30th ~ Play On. For information and tickets visit www.thephipps.org or call 715.386.8409.
- June 10th ~ Yellowstone Trail Heritage Day at Hudson Arch, Lakefront Park from 10AM to 4PM. Find event information at www.facebook.com/StCroixYellowstoneTrail or 612.986.2070.
- Locust Street Car Shows: June 11th; July 16th; August 20th and September 17th from 1PM to 5PM. For more information call 715.381.9866.
- June 29th thru July 2nd ~ Booster Days - Hudson's 4th of July Celebration in Lakefront Park. Find event information at www.hudsonboosters.org or call 715.386.8411.
- St. Croix Off Broadway Dinner Theater Events: Find more information at www.stcroixoffbroadway.com or call 715.386.2394 x333.
- Ultimate Girls Night Out ~ June 15th, July 20th, August 17th, September 21st, October 19th, November 16th, December 21st. In downtown Afton from 5PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.exploreafton.com.
- Afton House Inn and Current Restaurant Events: June 18th ~ Father's Day Brunch served from 10AM to 3PM. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883 for reservations.
- Swirl Wine Bar Events: Every Tuesday Night ~ Date Night Special from 4PM to 9PM. Find more information at www.swirlmywine.com or call 651.436.2010 or 651.436.8883.
- Afton*Hudson Cruise Line Cruises: June 16th ~ Funny Father's Comedy Dinner Cruise from 6:30PM to 8:45PM; June 18th ~ Father's Day Brunch Cruise at Noon; June 9th, June 23rd and June 30th ~ Italian Dinner Cruise at 6:30PM; June 14th, June 20th, June 21st, June 27th and June 28th ~ Fajita and Margarita Dinner Cruise at 6:15PM; June 11th and June 25th ~ Sunday Champagne Brunch Cruise; June 20th ~ Treasure Island Cruise; July 2nd ~ FireworksCruise/Dinner Cruise - Hudson; July 4th ~ Fireworks Cruise/Dinner Cruise - Stillwater. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883.
- June 24th and June 25th ~ Strawberry Festival - Saturday from 10AM to 5PM and Sunday from 11AM to 4PM.
- July 4th ~ Parade on Main Street in Afton begins at noon. Find more information at www.exploreafton.com.