Local Chambers and City Web Sites
In planning your next getaway, consider the St. Croix River Valley bordering Wisconsin and Minnesota. Check the attractions and events of the area and find an activity relevant to your interests or those of your family. Schedule travel to one of the cities or towns located in the scenic valley of either MN or WI for a memorable vacation experience spent at one of our Member Inns.
Polk County Information
River Falls Chamber
Afton Area Business Association
St. Croix Valley Information
Center City, MN
Taylors Falls MN/St. Croix Falls WI
- Picket Fence Gals: April 6th to 10th, May 4th to 8th, June 1st to 5th, July 6th to 10th, August 3rd to 7th, September 7th to 11th, October 5th to 9th, November 2nd to 6th, December 7th to 11th ~ 25 creative vendors come together once a month for 5 days to showcase and sell their unique treasures. Times: Wednesday 3PM to 7PM; Thursday to Saturday 9AM to 6PM; Sunday 11AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.picketfencegals.net or call 651.334.1444.
- Winehaven Winery Events: April 2nd and 3rd ~ New Vintage Days; May 28th and 29th ~ Tap the Barrel Weekend; October 22nd and 23rd ~ Federweisser and Roter Rauscher Festival; November 19th and 20th ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend; December 3rd and 4th ~ Holiday Cheer at the Vineyard. Find more winery information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
- May 6th ~ North Folk Winery Tasting Room opens with regular hours and Gourmet Pizza Night every Friday Night begins from 5PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.northfolkwinery.com or call 651.674.7548.
- July 6th thru the 10th ~ Karl Oskar Days held in Lindstrom, MN. Call for information 651.257.0620.
- Performances at the Festival Theatre: **Due to theatre renovations performances are being held elsewhere** April 9th to April 24th ~ The Grapes of Wrath performed at the Scandia Community Center; June 18th to August 14th ~ Clue: The Musical performed at the Taylors Falls Community Center; July 2nd to August 21st ~ Private Lives performed at Franklin Square; July 23rd to August 20th ~ Steel Magnolias performed at Franklin Square Black Box. Find more information at www.festivaltheatre.org or call 715.483.3387.
- Franconia Sculpture Park: Find more information on all park events at www.franconia.org/event.html or call 651.257.6668.
- Wild Mountain Winery Events: Find more information at www.wildmountainwinery.com or call 651.583.3585.
- Taylors Falls Specialty Cruises: May 7th ~ Mother's Day Eve Cruise from 6PM to 9PM; May 8th ~ Mother's Day Brunch Cruises from 10:30AM to 12:30PM or 1:30PM to 3:30PM; June 19th ~ Father's Day Brunch Cruise from 10:30AM to 12:30PM; June 18th, July 16th and August 6th ~ Wine and Cheese Cruise from 7PM to 10PM; June 4th, July 9th and 30th and August 20th ~ Wine and Chocolate Cruise from 7PM to 10PM; June 17th and September 16th ~ Elvis Cruise; September 18th ~ Fall Sunday brunch from 10:30AM to 12:30PM. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/specialtycruises or call 651.465.6365.
- Chateau St. Croix Winery Events: May 28th and 29th ~ Barrel Tasting Weekend; June thru August ~ Saturday Music Series every Saturday from 1PM to 4PM; June 25th ~ Spring Festival; July 2nd and 3rd ~ Red, White and Sangria Weekend; July 23rd ~ Jazz Festival; September 9th and 10th ~ Grape Stomp Festival; September 24th and 25th ~ Fall Harvest Festival; October 15th and 16th ~ Oktober Wine Festival; November 19th and 20th ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend; December 10th and 11th ~ Holiday Cheers Weekend. Find more information about Chateau events at www.chateaustcroix.com or call 715.483.2556.
- Dancing Dragonfly Winery Events: April 15th ~ Dancing at the Dragonfly - Rumba lessons and casual ballroom dance; April 16th ~ Paint and Sip; April 23rd ~ The Bazaar; May 7th and 8th ~ Open House Weekend; May 8th ~ Acoustic Sundays begin; May 20th ~ Dancing at the Dragonfly - Swing; June 11th and 12th ~ Midsummer Festival. Find information for all winery events at www.dancingdragonflywinery.com or call 715.483.9463.
- Pleasant Valley Orchard Events: Find more information at www.pleasantvalleyorchard.com or call 651.257.9159.
- June 10th to 12th ~ Wannigan Days downtown St. Croix Falls. Find more information at www.wannigans.com.
- Wild Mountain Ski Area is open for skiing and snowboarding. Check their schedule at www.wildmountain.com.
- Wild Mountain Summer Recreation Area ~ Enjoy their New FreeFall - a two story tower with two platforms at varying heights and a 50x50 Stuntman Air Bag at the bottom. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/summer-recreation/freefallxp
- Friday and Saturday evenings ~ Five-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Experience at the St. Croix River Inn. Reservations required. Find more information at www.stcroixriverinn.com/menus.html or call 715.294.4248.
- April 21st ~ Ladies Night Out - St. Croix Valley Style includes Fashion Show, DJ, Complimentary hors d'oeuvres and beverages, basket drawing and prizes. Find more information at www.myosceolachamber.org or call 715.755.3300.
- June 3rd to 5th ~ Rhubarb Days - features kids fishing clinic, bake sale, bake off, Duck-a-thon, craft bazaar and more. Find more information at www.rhubarbdays.com.
- Rivertown Artworks ~ is now open in Osceola and features: potters - Rustic Road Pottery and The Potters Shed; art, cards, Neumann Farm Gift Baskets, products from Thymes, Wire and Whimsy and much, much more. Classes are now being offered: Watercolor $45; Doodle Drawing $29 includes supplies; Paint Your Own Pottery $20-$50 depending on the piece you choose; Glass Fusing $30. Find more information at www.facebook.com/pages/RiverTown-Artworks/715122955235670 .
- Trollhaugen Outdoor Recreation Area ~ Located near Dresser, WI - Enjoy their newest Aerial Challenge Course which offers 40+ towers with six zip lines and 112 elements. Find more information atwww.trollhaugen.com/aerial_adventure_park.php
- Every Tuesday night is Jameson Club Night at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Every Wednesday night ~ enjoy delicious Four Course Dinner Menus at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night in Charlie's Pub from 7:30PM to 11PM. April 1st and 2nd ~ Bedlam; April 8th and 9th ~ Northerly Gales; April 15th and 16th ~ Paul & Lorraine; April 22nd and 23rd~ Broken Spoke; April 29th and 30th ~ Tom Dahill; May 6th and 7th~ Bedlam; May 13th and 14th~ Hounds of Finn. Find more information at www.charliesrestaurant.us or call 651.430.0907.
- Ongoing weekly event at Outing Lodge ~ Open Studio Wine and Art Event - the 2 hour open studio art session for two begins at 3PM and includes all materials, cheese sampler and a glass of house wine. Reservations are required. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- June 4th and 5th ~ Rivertown Art Festival in Lowell Park. Find more information at www.rivertownartfestival.com or call 651.439.4001.
- Happening at The Phipps Center for the Arts: For information and tickets visit www.thephipps.org or call 715.386.8409.
- April 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd, 29th and 30th; May 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th, 20th and 21st ~ Unnecessary Farce - Two cops * Three Crooks * Eight Doors performed at the St. Croix Off Broadway Dinner Theatre. Find more information at www.stcroixoffbroadway.com or call 715.386.2394 x333.
- April 7th ~ Spring Fling at Negret Wine Company - Guided 5-Course Meal and Wine Pairing from 6PM to 9PM. Reservations required. Find more information at www.negretwinecompany.com or call 715.531.4004.
- April 21st ~ Ladies Night Out - "Ladies Come Get Your Shine On" downtown Hudson from 5PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.hudsonindependentbusinessassociation.com
- April 29th thru May 1st ~ 2016 Annual artOPENer Studio Tour. Find more information at www.artopener.com
- Ultimate Girls Night Out ~ April 21st, May 19th, June 16th, July 21st, August 18th, September 15th, October 20th, November 17th, December 15th from 5PM to 8PM in downtown Afton. Find more information at www.facebook.com/ultimategirlsnightout
- April 15th ~ Asian Fusion Wine Dinner served from 6:30PM to 9PM at the Afton House Inn. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883.
- April 28th ~ 4-Course Bison & Beer Dinner at the Afton House Inn. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883. Reservations required.
- April 29th ~ 4-Course Spring Wine Dinner at the Afton House Inn. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883. Reservations required.
- Mother's Day Brunch Buffet ~ served at the Afton House Inn from 9AM to 5PM. Reservations required. Find more information at www.aftonhouseinn.com or call 651.436.8883.
- Afton Cruise Lines Specialty Cruises: May 5th ~ Cinco de Mayo Fajita Cruise; May 6th ~ Funny Mother's Day Comedy Dinner Cruise from 6:30PM to 8:45PM featuring Tammy Nerby; May 7th ~ Pre-Mother's Day Lunch Cruise from Noon to 2PM; May 8th ~ Mother's Day Brunch Cruise from 11AM to 1PM or 2:30PM to 4:30PM; May 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th and 31st and June 1st, 7th, 8th, 14th, 15th,21st, 22nd, 28th and 29th ~ Fajita and Margarita Cruise; May 13th and 27th and June 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th ~ Friday Italian Night Cruise; May 15th, 22nd and 29th and June 5th, 12th and 26th ~ Sunday Champagne Brunch Cruise from Noon to 2PM; June 5th, 12th and 26th ~ Hawaiian Luau Cruise from 4:30PM to 6:30PM; June 11th and 25th ~ Luncheon Buffet Cruise from 11:30AM to 1:30PM; June 19th ~ Father's Day Brunch Cruise from Noon to 2PM. Find more information at www.stcroixrivercruises.com or call 651.436.8883.