Local Chambers and City Web Sites
In planning your next getaway, consider the St. Croix River Valley bordering Wisconsin and Minnesota. Check the attractions and events of the area and find an activity relevant to your interests or those of your family. Schedule travel to one of the cities or towns located in the scenic valley of either MN or WI for a memorable vacation experience spent at one of our Member Inns.
Hudson - Wisconsin
Osceola - Wisconsin
Polk County - Wisconsin
Afton - Minnesota
Center City - Minnesota
Stillwater - Minnesota
St Croix Valley Info
Center City, MN
Taylors Falls MN/St. Croix Falls WI
- Picket Fence Gals: July 1st to July 5th; August 5th to August 9th; September 9th to September 13th; October 14th to October 18th; November 4th to November 8th; December 2nd to December 6th ~ 25 creative vendors come together once a month for 5 days to showcase and sell their unique treasures. Times: Wednesday 3PM to 7PM; Thursday to Saturday 9AM to 6PM; Sunday 11AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.picketfencegals.com or call 651.334.1444.
- Winehaven Winery Events: July 11th, August 1st and September 5th ~ Wine and Chocolate Dinner Cruise from 7PM to 10PM. To reserve call 651.465.6315; July 18th, August 8th and September 26th ~ Wine and Cheese Dinner Cruise from 7PM to 10PM. To reserve call 651.465.6315; July 11th and 12th ~ 17th Annual Raspberries and Wine Festival; August 15th and 16th ~ 17th Annual Rhubarb Festival; November 21st and 22nd ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend. Find more winery information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
- Happenings at the Festival Theatre: Now to August 16th ~ Little Shop of Horrors; Now to August 21st ~ Sew Good Improv; July 4th to August 15th ~ The Complete Works of William Shakespeare; July 23rd to July 26th ~ Improv for YOUth; August 1st to September 6th ~ A Streetcar Named Desire; October 3rd to October 25th ~ Noises Off.
- **Music at the Theatre**: September 26th ~ Michael Johnson. Find more information about theatre happenings at www.festivaltheatre.org or call 715.483.3387.
- Music On The Overlook: Every Friday June to August - July 10th ~ Jazz Night with Robert Everest Expedition; July 17th ~ Kids and Family Night; July 24th ~ Reggae Night with The Innocent; July 31st ~ Blues and BBQ Night with The Full Kurt Jorgenson Band; August 7th ~ 1980s Night with B52s and Devo; August 14th ~ Teen Night with FlyWheel - Country Rock, Hip Hop and Top 40 Jammin'; August 21st ~ Back in Black - AC/DC Tribute Hells Bells; August 28th ~ Bluegrass with The Roe Family Singers. Find more information at www.musicontheoverlook.com or call 612.385.4598.
- Franconia Sculpture Park: Now thru November 8th ~ Guided Tours offered to learn about the techniques, processes and resources involved in creating sculpture; Now to October 25th ~ Free Sunday Tours at 2PM; Now thru November ~ Artists Making New York - take a peek at the sculpture while it's being created and meet the artists-in-residence; Now thru October ~ Artist Talks - 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month, learn from the artists-in-residence and enjoy a delicious meal; Music @ Franconia from 1PM to 7PM enjoy toe-tapping family fun in their earthen amphitheater amidst the sculpture exhibition: June 27th ~ Rhythm & Groove/Black Market Brass, Brass Messengers, The Undergroove; July 11th ~ Uniquely American/Roe Family Singer & Friends, Duck for the Oyster; August 15th ~ Tour of Europe/Orkestar Bez Ime, Mark Stillman, Francine Roche, Nancy Sanchelli Guertin & Sima Shumilovsky, Quartetto Rosso; Kids Make Sculpture from 1PM to 4PM for ages 4-18 kids step into the life of a sculpture for the afternoon: July 18th and August 22nd; Hot Metal Mold-Making Workshops: July 25th and 26th from 1PM to 4PM, July 29th and 30th from 4PM to 8PM; August 1st ~ Community Collaboration Hot Metal Pour from 10AM to 8PM; August 8th ~ Resident Artists Hot Metal Pour; September 12th from 10AM to 8PM ~ Art & Artists Celebration - 19th annual celebration for the artists who made new work in 2015. Find more information on all park events at www.franconia.org/event.html or call 651.257.6668.
- Wild Mountain Winery Events:Live music every Saturday from 3PM to 6PM. June 27th ~ BZ Girls; July 4th~ Scrapegoat Skins & Bones Trio. Find more information at www.wildmountainwinery.com or call 651.583.3585.
- Dancing Dragonfly Winery Events: July 10th ~ Night Out - Paint and Sip; July 11th ~ Jazz in July Festival; August 14th ~ Night Out - Comedy Night; September 11th ~ Night Out - Paint and Sip; September 26th and 27th ~ Food/Wine Festival and Grape Stomp; October 24th ~ David Roth in Concert; November 27th ~ Night Out - Comedy Night; December 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th ~ Holiday Boutique. Acoustic Sundays: beginning Now through November with the 2015 schedule to be announced soon. Find information for all winery events at www.dancingdragonflywinery.com or call 715.483.9463.
- Pleasant Valley Orchard Events: Find more information at www.pleasantvalleyorchard.com or call 651.257.9159.
- 136 Vintage - your destination for antiques, art, collectibles, painted and refurbished furniture is NOW OPEN in downtown St. Croix Falls. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10AM to 5PM. For more information call 715.483.0030.
- Wild Mountain Ski Area is open for skiing and snowboarding. Check their schedule at www.wildmountain.com.
- Wild Mountain Summer Recreation Area ~ Enjoy their New FreeFall - a two story tower with two platforms at varying heights and a 50x50 Stuntman Air Bag at the bottom. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/summer-recreation/freefallxp
- Friday and Saturday evenings ~ at 6PM Chef Ben and Chef Andrew serve up a Five-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Experience at the St. Croix River Inn. Reservations required. Find more information at www.stcroixriverinn.com/menus.html or call 715.294.4248.
- Rivertown Artworks ~ is now open in Osceola and features: potters - Rustic Road Pottery and The Potters Shed; art, cards, Neumann Farm Gift Baskets, products from Thymes, Wire and Whimsy and much, much more. Classes are now being offered: June 20th ~ Watercolor, $45; June 9th ~ Doodle Drawing, $29; June 17th and June 25th ~ Paint Your Own Pottery, $20-$50 depending on the piece you choose; June 13th and June 23rd ~ Glass Fusing, $30. Find more information at www.facebook.com/pages/RiverTown-Artworks/715122955235670 or contact Beth at 715.529.1126.
- June 5th thru June 7th ~ Rhubarb Days - A weekend of Family Fun: Grilling, Wine Tastings, Duckathlon, Music, Craft Fair, Sidewalk Sale and more. Find more information at www.RhubarbDays.com.
- Movies Under the Stars: A free event held in Mill Pond Park at dusk. Bring a blanket or chair. July 11th ~ Maleficent; August 8th ~ Big Hero 6.
- Farmer's Market: held every Friday from 2PM to 6PM in Mill Pond Park June thru October. For more information call Christine Elmquist at 715.294.3038.
- Trollhaugen Outdoor Recreation Area ~ Located near Dresser, WI - Enjoy their newest Aerial Challenge Course which offers 40+ towers with six zip lines and 112 elements. Find more information atwww.trollhaugen.com/aerial_adventure_park.php
- Every Tuesday night is Jameson Club Night at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Every Wednesday night ~ enjoy delicious Four Course Dinner Menus at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night in Charlie's Pub from 7:30PM to 11PM. June 26th, 27th and 28th ~ Broken Spoke; July 3rd and 4th ~ Bedlam; July 6th ~ Joel Kachel; July 10th and 11th ~ Hounds of Finn; July 12th ~ Trandy Blue; July 24th and 25th ~ Paul and Lorraine; July 31st, August 1st and 2nd ~ Broken Spoke. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Ongoing weekly event at Outing Lodge ~ Open Studio Wine and Art Event - the 2 hour open studio art session for two begins at 3PM and includes all materials, cheese sampler and a glass of house wine. Reservations are required. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- Summer Tuesdays begins at 4PM in Lowell Park and features a marketplace, live music and a movie at dusk: July 7th ~ movie Tall Tale and music by Les Izmoore; July 14th ~ movie Despicable Me 2 and music by Thrift Store Sonata; July 21st ~ movie Hotel Transylvania and music by Standard Protocol; July 28th ~ movie Spaceballs and music by Scottie Miller; August 4th ~ movie Finding Nemo and music by Moors and McCumber; August 11th ~ movie Princess and the Frog and music by Hounds of Finn; August 18th ~ movie Guardians of the Galaxy and music by Ruben. Find more information at www.stillwatercurrent.com.
- Happening at The Phipps Center for the Arts: For information and tickets visit www.thephipps.org or call 715.386.8409.
- Every Saturday Now thru October ~ Hudson Farmers Market from 9AM to 1PM Buy Fresh Buy Local. Find more information at www.hudsonfarmersmarketcarmichael.com or call 612.203.9030.
- July 19th, August 16th, September 20th ~ Locust Street Car & Motorcycle Shows. For more information contact Dave Knoke at 715.381.9866.
- September 26th and 27th ~ Spirit of St. Croix Art Festival in Lakefront Park features a variety of creative talent - 85+ juried artists, acoustic music and local fare. For more information call 715.386.8411.
- Ultimate Girls Night Out ~ July 16th from 5-8PM. Find more information at www.facebook.com/ultimategirlsnightout.com
- Cruises offered from Afton Cruise Lines: Fajita and Margarita Cruises ~ July every Tuesday and Wednesday. Friday Night Sunset Dinner Cruises ~ July 10th and 31st; Treasure Island Cruises ~ July 14th; Comedy Cruises ~ July 17th - with Joe Tanner; Hawaiian Luau Cruises ~ June 28th, July 5th and 19th; Blues Cruise Find more information at www.stcroixrivercruises.com or call 651.436.8883.
- July 3rd ~ Fireworks Cruises. Find more information at www.stcroixrivercruises.com or call 651.436.8883.