Local Chambers and City Web Sites
In planning your next getaway, consider the St. Croix River Valley bordering Wisconsin and Minnesota. Check the attractions and events of the area and find an activity relevant to your interests or those of your family. Schedule travel to one of the cities or towns located in the scenic valley of either MN or WI for a memorable vacation experience spent at one of our Member Inns.
Polk County Information
River Falls Chamber
Afton Area Business Association
St. Croix Valley Information
Center City, MN
Taylors Falls MN/St. Croix Falls WI
- Picket Fence Gals: July 6th to 10th, August 3rd to 7th, September 7th to 11th, October 5th to 9th, November 2nd to 6th, December 7th to 11th ~ 25 creative vendors come together once a month for 5 days to showcase and sell their unique treasures. Times: Wednesday 3PM to 7PM; Thursday to Saturday 9AM to 6PM; Sunday 11AM to 5PM. Find more information at www.picketfencegals.net or call 651.334.1444.
- Winehaven Winery Events: 18th Annual Raspberries and Wine Festval - July 9th from 10AM to 5PM and July 10th from 11AM to 5PM; October 22nd and 23rd ~ Federweisser and Roter Rauscher Festival; November 19th and 20th ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend; December 3rd and 4th ~ Holiday Cheer at the Vineyard. Find more winery information at www.winehaven.com or call 651.257.1017.
- North Folk Winery Tasting Room is open with regular hours and Gourmet Pizza Night every Friday Night from 5PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.northfolkwinery.com or call 651.674.7548.
- July 6th thru the 10th ~ Karl Oskar Days held in Lindstrom, MN. Call for information 651.257.0620.
- Performances at the Festival Theatre: **Due to theatre renovations performances are being held elsewhere** Now to August 14th ~ Clue: The Musical performed at the Taylors Falls Community Center; July 23rd and August 27th ~ The Spirit of the Drum with Don Karsky; July 2nd to August 21st ~ Private Lives performed at Franklin Square; July 23rd to August 20th ~ Steel Magnolias performed at Franklin Square Black Box. Find more information at www.festivaltheatre.org or call 715.483.3387.
- Franconia Sculpture Park Events: Now - November ~ Guided Tours and Artists Making New York; Sundays to October 29th ~ Free Weekly Tours at 2PM; July - October ~ Franconia Artist Talks - 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month (6PM dinner 8PM discussion); July 16th ~ Tropical Zone Orchestra + Malaymana; August 27th ~ Tim Mahoney + Chastity Brown: Music at Franconia from 2PM to 6PM; July 23rd, August 20th and September 10th ~ Kids Make Sculpture from 1PM to 4PM; July 30th, 31st, August 3rd, 4th and 6th ~ Hot Metal Mold-Making Workshops from 1PM to 4PM; August 6th ~ Community Collaboration Hot Metal Pour from 11AM to 6PM; August 13th ~ Resident Artists Hot Metal Pour throughout the day; September 17th ~ Art and Artists Celebration from 11AM to 6PM. Find more information on all park events at www.franconia.org/event.html or call 651.257.6668.
- Music on the Overlook: July 1st ~ Blues Night with Jeff Ray and Hurrcain Harold Band; July 8th ~ Jazz Night with Rober Everest Expedition; July 15th ~ Elvis Night - Tribute to the King; July 22nd ~ Folk Night with Patchouli and Thea Ennen; July 29th ~ Rock Night with Metallica Tribute "One"; August 5th ~ Bluegrass with Roe Family Singers; August 12th ~ Fleetwood Mac Tribute; August 19th ~ Annual Kids and Family Night; August 26th ~ Country Night with And Calhoun and the Outlaws. Find more information at www.musicontheoverlook.com. Performances begin at 6:30PM.
- August 27th ~ Ribfest - Ribs, sides and chicken. Music by Marty Sonnek and Jorgensen Tagg Band and more. Find more information at www.fallschamber.org or call 715.483.3580.
- Wild Mountain Winery Events: Find more information at www.wildmountainwinery.com or call 651.583.3585.
- Taylors Falls Specialty Cruises: July 16th and August 6th ~ Wine and Cheese Cruise from 7PM to 10PM; July 9th and 30th and August 20th ~ Wine and Chocolate Cruise from 7PM to 10PM; September 16th ~ Elvis Cruise; September 18th ~ Fall Sunday brunch from 10:30AM to 12:30PM. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/specialtycruises or call 651.465.6365.
- Chateau St. Croix Winery Events: June thru August ~ Saturday Music Series every Saturday from 1PM to 4PM; July 2nd and 3rd ~ Red, White and Sangria Weekend; July 23rd ~ Jazz Festival; September 9th and 10th ~ Grape Stomp Festival; September 24th and 25th ~ Fall Harvest Festival; October 15th and 16th ~ Oktober Wine Festival; November 19th and 20th ~ Cheese and Chocolate Weekend; December 10th and 11th ~ Holiday Cheers Weekend. Find more information about Chateau events at www.chateaustcroix.com or call 715.483.2556.
- Dancing Dragonfly Winery Events: CABIN FEVER FRIDAYS every Friday from 4PM to 7PM beginning Memorial Weekend to Labor Day Weekend. ACOUSTIC SUNDAYS from 1PM to 4PM: July 3rd ~ Billy Johnson; July 10th ~ Vinnie Rose; July 17th ~ Tim Fast; July 24th ~ Tim Cheesebrow; July 31st ~ Linda Peterson; August 7th ~ Cole Thomas; August 14th ~ Linda Peterson; August 21st ~ Billy Johnson; August 28thLinda Peterson. Find information for all winery events at www.dancingdragonflywinery.com or call 715.483.9463.
- Pleasant Valley Orchard Events: Find more information at www.pleasantvalleyorchard.com or call 651.257.9159.
- Wild Mountain Ski Area is open for skiing and snowboarding. Check their schedule at www.wildmountain.com.
- Wild Mountain Summer Recreation Area ~ Enjoy their New FreeFall - a two story tower with two platforms at varying heights and a 50x50 Stuntman Air Bag at the bottom. Find more information at www.wildmountain.com/summer-recreation/freefallxp
- Friday and Saturday evenings ~ Five-Course Prix Fixe Dinner Experience at the St. Croix River Inn. Reservations required. Find more information at www.stcroixriverinn.com/menus.html or call 715.294.4248.
- St. Croix Artbarn Events: August 4th, 5th, 6th, 11th, 12th and 13th ~ Chocolate Milk Cow - An Original Children's Musical at 7PM. Find more information at www.stcroixartbarn.com or call 715.294.2787 for ticket information.
- Osceola and St. Croix Valley Train Rides: Pizza Train at 11AM ~ July 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th; August 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th; September 10th, 17th and 24th; July 3rd ~ Fireworks Express at 7:30PM; October 21st, 22nd and 23rd ~ Pumpkin Express; Find more information at www.trainride.org or call the depot at 715.755.3570.
- Movies Under the Stars: July 9th ~ Shaun the Sheep; August 6th ~ Inside Out. Held at the Mill Pond Park the fun begins at 7PM with Family Karaoke and the movies begin at dusk. This event is free just bring a blanket or lawn chair.
- July 30th ~ Internet Cat Video Festival - an offline celebration of online cat videos at Mill Pond Park and sponsored by the Osceola Public Library. Find more information at www.osceolapubliclibrary.org or call 715.294.2310.
- September 10th ~ Wheels and Wing: an annual event. For updated information please visit www.wheelswings.com.
- Rivertown Artworks ~ is now open in Osceola and features: potters - Rustic Road Pottery and The Potters Shed; art, cards, Neumann Farm Gift Baskets, products from Thymes, Wire and Whimsy and much, much more. Classes are now being offered: Watercolor $45; Doodle Drawing $29 includes supplies; Paint Your Own Pottery $20-$50 depending on the piece you choose; Glass Fusing $30. Find more information at www.facebook.com/pages/RiverTown-Artworks/715122955235670 .
- Trollhaugen Outdoor Recreation Area ~ Located near Dresser, WI - Enjoy their Aerial Challenge Course which offers 40+ towers with six zip lines and 112 elements. Newly added: Kids Challenge Course - a 13 element course, built for ages 3-8. Find more information at www.trollhaugen.com/aerial_adventure_park.php
- Every Tuesday night is Jameson Club Night at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000.
- Every Wednesday night ~ enjoy delicious Four Course Dinner Menus at the Water Street Inn. Find more information at www.waterstreetinn.us or call 651.439.6000
- Live music every Friday and Saturday night in Charlie's Pub from 7:30PM to 11PM. July 1st and 2nd ~ Bedlam; Sunday July 3rd ~ Joel Kachel; July 8th and 9th ~ Broken Spoke; Sunday July 10th ~ Michael Shynes; July 15th and 16th ~ Broken Spoke. Find more information at www.charliesrestaurant.us or call 651.430.0907.
- Ongoing weekly event at Outing Lodge ~ Open Studio Wine and Art Event - the 2 hour open studio art session for two begins at 3PM and includes all materials, cheese sampler and a glass of house wine. Reservations are required. Find more information at www.outinglodge.com or call 651.439.9747.
- Summer Tuesdays - held in north Lowell Park: Marketplace opens at 5PM, Live Music begins at 6PM and the Movie starts at dusk. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and boaters will be able to "boat-in" and watch from the St. Croix River. July 12th ~ Movie: Minions - Music by: Galactic Cowboy Orchestra; July 19th ~ Movie: Hotel Transylvania2 - Music by: Moors and McCumber; July 26th ~ Movie: The Mighty Ducks - Music by: to be announced; August 2nd ~ Movie: Guardian of the Galaxy - Music by: Scottie Miller; August 9th ~ Movie: Inside Out - Music by: Les Izmoore; August 16th ~ Movie: Labyrinth - Music by: Jacuzzi Puma; August 23rd ~ Movie: Zootopia - Music by: Third Wheel Project.
- Happening at The Phipps Center for the Arts: July 15th to July 31st ~ A Little Murder Never Hurt Anybody; July 23rd to July 25th ~ The Big Bad Musical; August 12th to August 21st ~ The Phipps Dance theater presents The Best of Broadway; September 9th to September 25th ~ Lombardi. For information and tickets visit www.thephipps.org or call 715.386.8409.
- Negret Wine Company Events - BOGO Wednesdays from 4PM to 7PM; Hudson Sips - Happy Hour every Thursday and Friday from 4:30PM to 6PM. Tertulia Thursdays ~ August 11th, September 8th, October 13th - a night of conversational Spanish, from 6PM to 7:30PM, hosted by Debra Anderson. Find more information at www.negretwinecompany.com or call 715.531.4004.
- July 1st to July 4th ~ Booster Days - Hudson's 4th of July Celebration. Find more information at www.hudsonboosters.org/page/show/657024-booster-days-hudson-s-4th-of-july-celebration or call 715.386.8411.
- July 19th to July 24th ~ Riverfest-Celebration of Life on the River: A Party with a Purpose. Find more information at www.stcroixfest.org.
- Locust Street Car Shows: July 17th, August 21st and September 18th from 1PM to 5PM. For more information call 715.381.9866.
- Concerts in the Lakefront Park: every Thursday from 7PM to 8PM. July 7th ~ New Sound Underground-Jazz/Blues; July 14th ~ Red Rock Swing Band-Swing-Sinatra Music; July 21st ~ St. Croix Valley Symphony Orchestra; July 28th ~ River City Chorale Choral; August 4th ~ MN Jazz Orchestra-Big Band; August 11th ~ Les Izmoore-Contemporary; August 18th ~ Sarah Lou Richards-Country; August 25th ~ Movie Night and Music. For more information call 715.386.4774 x113.
- Afton Cruise Lines Specialty Cruises: July 6th, 13th, 19th, 20th, 26th, 27th, August 2nd, 3rd, 10th, 16th, 17th, 23rd, 24th, 30th and 31st ~ Fajita and Margarita Cruise; July 1st, 15th and 22nd, August 5th, 12th and 26th ~ Friday Italian Night Cruise; July 10th, 17th with theater option, 24th with theater option and 31st with theater option, August 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th ~ Sunday Champagne Brunch Cruise from Noon to 2PM; July 10th and 24th, August 7th and 21st ~ Hawaiian Luau Cruise from 4:30PM to 6:30PM; July 16th and 19th, August 10th ~ Luncheon Buffet Cruise from 11:30AM to 1:30PM; Comedy Cruise ~ July 8th with Tim Cavanagh; July 29th ~ dinner with Scott Novotony; August 19th ~ dinner with Bill Gorgo; July 12th and August 9th ~ Casino Cruise; July 22nd~ Riverfest; August 26th ~ Cheers Pablo Painting Class. Find more information at www.stcroixrivercruises.com or call 651.436.8883.
- July 4th ~ 4th of July Parade in Afton; festivities from 8AM to 5PM.
- Ultimate Girls Night Out ~ July 21st, August 18th, September 15th, October 20th, November 17th and December 15th. In downtown Afton from 5PM to 8PM. Find more information at www.exploreafton.com.